Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Jord2000
Participant

Editing Global Content on Hubspot Theme

Résolue

This might be a stupid question (I'm a newbie to Hubspot), I've read forums but none seem to have an answer to my question.

So, we have had a few landing page templates created by HubSpot, but the layout options are extremely restricted. I either have a one column, two column or three column page, I can't differentiate between a full page spread of text and two columns underneath. 

As an alternative, my plan was to use one of HubSpot's free themes - and just edit the branding OR if possible, add the global content (our own header and footer) to this theme. I've figured out the navigation menu set up, and added that to the theme I'm working with, but I can't change the colour / font of the navigation menu? Is there a way to do so or is this not possible? 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Kevin-C
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hey @Jord2000 

When working with themes you make those kind of changes in teh Design tab rather than the Contents tab. An easy way to think about it is by separating Styling from Content in your mind. See below:

Screeenshot - 2020-09-16 at 10.59.32 AM.png

Now for these changes to take effect your stylesheet must be setup to get the variables from the theme.

If your stylesheet for the header and footer does not currently use the theme variables it might be easier just to hardcode those values into the stylesheet , then learn about theme setup here and implement later.

To you second question.

Sometimes things get a little wierd with the DND templates. Rather than adding or removing a column, try duplicating an existing column and see if you can then resize it.

Hope this helps, if not feel free to reach out!

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
5 Réponses
Kevin-C

Résolue

Hey @Jord2000 

There are a lot of variables at play here!

Could you be a little more specific about your attempted solution?

As well as how you are attempting to / would like to change the navigation fonts, and colors?

With that info I'd bet we can figure this out rather quickly!

Jord2000
Participant

Résolue

Apologies!! I'm even struggling to know what to ask! 

I've opened the global content from the landing page theme I'm working in, and am trying to figure out how to edit the font and text colour of the navigation menu tabs. The only options I have on the left editing tab are, changing the logo image or adding to the primary menu field - nothing for editing the text and colour. 

I have also tried to go into the branding settings but nothing seems to be happening!

My second question is, in the landing page templates Hubspot have created for our company, am I able to edit the number of columns? At the moment whenever I open the templates that include our own branding, I'm restricted with adding or taking away columns and I'm not sure why!  

0 Votes
Kevin-C
Solution

Résolue

Hey @Jord2000 

When working with themes you make those kind of changes in teh Design tab rather than the Contents tab. An easy way to think about it is by separating Styling from Content in your mind. See below:

Screeenshot - 2020-09-16 at 10.59.32 AM.png

Now for these changes to take effect your stylesheet must be setup to get the variables from the theme.

If your stylesheet for the header and footer does not currently use the theme variables it might be easier just to hardcode those values into the stylesheet , then learn about theme setup here and implement later.

To you second question.

Sometimes things get a little wierd with the DND templates. Rather than adding or removing a column, try duplicating an existing column and see if you can then resize it.

Hope this helps, if not feel free to reach out!

0 Votes
Jord2000
Participant

Résolue

Okay, I think I'm starting to get somewhere @Kevin-C 

So I've gone into the design manager to edit global content and we do already have the footer set up correctly, all of our links and social icons are all in the right place, but for some reason when I go into the draft landing page I'm working on, the footer does not resemble this? With the header, I was able to edit quite easily, I just had to figure out how to set up the navigation menu and update our themes for fonts and colours, but the footer seems to be more restricted. 

With the template I'm working in, I can change the font and colours in the footer but not the layout - even though the design manager footer is laid out correctly? All I really need to do is take out a form that's in the footer! 

I've also gone into Settings > Website > Pages to look at the Site Footer and although I do have experience with HTML and coding, it's not nearly enough! 

Thanks for all your help so far. I've just finished my marketing apprenticeship and my manager is now on maternity leave so I'm aiming to set up and figure out HubSpot before she's back! 

Kevin-C

Résolue

@Jord2000 feel free to PM me or post here a few screen shots of your theme file structure as well as the header and footer template partials. This might help!

0 Votes