Blog, Website & Page Publishing

DeanFrazier
Contributor

Dynamic + Smart Content on Blog Posts

SOLVE

tl;dr: I want to know if smart content can be set on within developer tools on modules in 'HTML + HubL' templates or only 'Drag and Drop' templates.

The goal is to have one or two modules with the same smart content added to all blog posts without having to manually go into every historic blog post and set up the smart content. I know I can add HTML to the blog-post template and it will be injected into all blog posts using that template. I also know I can add a module in the blog-post template and then I can set up smart content manually within each blog post. I am wondering if there is a way to set the smart content up within the developer tools so that it is pushed into all blog posts. (Relevant detail: my blog-post template is an 'HTML + HubL' template)

This knowledge base article states that there is the ability to set up smart content in templates within the design manager. The article only shows modules that have been added to 'Drag and Drop' templates, and I have not found a way to add smart content to 'HTML + HubL' templates.

Will I need to change from a 'HTML + HubL' template to 'Drag and Drop' to accomplish my goal? Is it even possible if I were to switch template format? Is there a simpler solution?

2 Accepted solutions
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@DeanFrazier the smart content via global module is likely the easiest route, because the smart content can be edited via the global module in the future if needed, and it can easily be added to the blog post template as-is without a lot of rework. I don't know a way to pre-set smart content in the code, curious if anyone else has a way.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

Lucila-Andimol
Solution
Thought Leader | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DeanFrazier hope you are doing great.

The answer depends on if the smart needs to be administrated by a Hubspot user or not.

If the answer is yes: youo should probably use the global module/standard smart content.

If they don't need to be changing this, meaning, the smart rules can be pre-seted, you can do all of this programming the template as ou wish.

We have done this for a lot of clients, for example, showing a different CTA depending on the buyer persona and the lifecycle stage being automatically updated each time the visitor reads a blog post.

Hope this helps.

María Lucila Abal | COO Andimol
HubSpot Expert, Community Champion & Certified Trainer (12+ years)

Have questions? Get answers:

Get Premium Support

Did my post help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DeanFrazier,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter: 

Hi @Phil_Vallender@Jnix284@Lucila-Andimol  do you have any advice for @DeanFrazier ? Thanks!

Best,

Diana  

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Lucila-Andimol
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DeanFrazier hope you are doing great.

The answer depends on if the smart needs to be administrated by a Hubspot user or not.

If the answer is yes: youo should probably use the global module/standard smart content.

If they don't need to be changing this, meaning, the smart rules can be pre-seted, you can do all of this programming the template as ou wish.

We have done this for a lot of clients, for example, showing a different CTA depending on the buyer persona and the lifecycle stage being automatically updated each time the visitor reads a blog post.

Hope this helps.

María Lucila Abal | COO Andimol
HubSpot Expert, Community Champion & Certified Trainer (12+ years)

Have questions? Get answers:

Get Premium Support

Did my post help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

DeanFrazier
Contributor

SOLVE

I also tried creating a global module, which the article linked above stated could be used for smart content. I saw no way to initially add smart content to the global module initially. I added the new global module to a Drag and Drop template and was able to select a button to 'make module smart'. Once enabled, I could add smart rules to the global module. I haven't tested it yet but I think adding a global module with smart rules to the HTML + HubL blog-post template is the better option than switching the whole template to Drag and Drop. I'm still all ears to any recommendations.

Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@DeanFrazier the smart content via global module is likely the easiest route, because the smart content can be edited via the global module in the future if needed, and it can easily be added to the blog post template as-is without a lot of rework. I don't know a way to pre-set smart content in the code, curious if anyone else has a way.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin