Blog, Website & Page Publishing

JLondon75
Participant

Domaine issue

SOLVE

Hello,

I'm new to Hubspot. I tried connecting my domain last night. However it resulted in my website becoming unavailable. So I tried to disconnect the domain, but my website is still down. Now I'm getting an error msg about unsoported protocol.

We use WPEngine for the website.

Any ideas as to what I did wrong, or how best to fix it?

Thanks,

Josh

0 Upvotes
4 Accepted solutions
EJames7
Solution

Domaine issue

SOLVE

Hi Josh,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your website after attempting to connect it to Hubspot. It's possible that there was an error during the setup process, but there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your DNS settings: Make sure that your domain is properly configured to point to your website hosting provider. You can check this by looking at your domain registrar's settings or by contacting their support team.

2. Check your Hubspot settings: Double-check that you have correctly entered your website's domain name in Hubspot. You can do this by going to Settings > Domains in your Hubspot account.

3. Check your website hosting provider: Contact WPEngine support to see if they can help you diagnose the issue. They may be able to identify any issues on their end that could be causing the problem.

In the meantime, you can try disconnecting your domain again in Hubspot and see if that resolves the issue. If not, you may need to work with WPEngine support to troubleshoot further.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Elliana

P.S. I tried to connect my website keybolab.com, at first there are these issues but then I worked on the following things and get it connected.

View solution in original post

Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

Domaine issue

SOLVE

Unless you are using the Hubspot CMS and plan to move away from WPEngine, your primary domain DNS should be pointed at WPEngine. The only thing you would want to use in Hubspot are the DNS updates for landing pages (setting up a sub-domain) or setting up SPF/DKIM records for email sending.

Unfortunately, without having access to your DNS it's hard to say what went wrong. I would reach out to WPEngine first to get your primary website operational again, then we can help point you in the right direction for the Hubspot updates.

JLondon75
Solution
Participant

Domaine issue

SOLVE

Thanks, the issue was indeed my DNS settings. Connecting it to Hubspot changed them. I disconnected and then redirected my DNS back to WP Engine.

0 Upvotes
JLondon75
Solution
Participant

Domaine issue

SOLVE

Thanks. You also nailed it. I redirected my DNS to WP Engine and it started workign again. So, how might I learn more about the DNS updates for landing pages or setting up SPF/DKIM records for email sending?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
jspencer13
Participant

Domaine issue

SOLVE

Im having this same exact setup challenge. I was interested to hear if you set up landing pages and how you did it?

We use Wordpress & WPEngine are our CMS/website. That will not change.

We want to use hubspot possibly for landing pages. @JLondon75, did you figure out the steps on how to make that happen? Did you purchase/setup a separate subdomain under your main WordPress domain name. 

Example:
our main Wordpress site is abc.com
Do I setup a separate subdomain called 123.abc.com and then use that in Hubspot?

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

Domaine issue

SOLVE

Unless you are using the Hubspot CMS and plan to move away from WPEngine, your primary domain DNS should be pointed at WPEngine. The only thing you would want to use in Hubspot are the DNS updates for landing pages (setting up a sub-domain) or setting up SPF/DKIM records for email sending.

Unfortunately, without having access to your DNS it's hard to say what went wrong. I would reach out to WPEngine first to get your primary website operational again, then we can help point you in the right direction for the Hubspot updates.

JLondon75
Solution
Participant

Domaine issue

SOLVE

Thanks. You also nailed it. I redirected my DNS to WP Engine and it started workign again. So, how might I learn more about the DNS updates for landing pages or setting up SPF/DKIM records for email sending?

0 Upvotes
EJames7
Solution

Domaine issue

SOLVE

Hi Josh,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your website after attempting to connect it to Hubspot. It's possible that there was an error during the setup process, but there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your DNS settings: Make sure that your domain is properly configured to point to your website hosting provider. You can check this by looking at your domain registrar's settings or by contacting their support team.

2. Check your Hubspot settings: Double-check that you have correctly entered your website's domain name in Hubspot. You can do this by going to Settings > Domains in your Hubspot account.

3. Check your website hosting provider: Contact WPEngine support to see if they can help you diagnose the issue. They may be able to identify any issues on their end that could be causing the problem.

In the meantime, you can try disconnecting your domain again in Hubspot and see if that resolves the issue. If not, you may need to work with WPEngine support to troubleshoot further.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Elliana

P.S. I tried to connect my website keybolab.com, at first there are these issues but then I worked on the following things and get it connected.

JLondon75
Solution
Participant

Domaine issue

SOLVE

Thanks, the issue was indeed my DNS settings. Connecting it to Hubspot changed them. I disconnected and then redirected my DNS back to WP Engine.

0 Upvotes