Blog, Website & Page Publishing

aowenhill
Miembro

Disable comments on a particular post?

resolver

How can I disable all future comments on a particular blog post?

I have a specific post which has a load of great comments. I want to keep all of the old comments, but I don't want any more new ones to be added. I only want to disable them for this one post, not for the blog overall. 

I know it's possible on some other CRMs, but I can't find this functionality anywhere on Hubspot. 

1 Soluciones aceptada
roisinkirby
Solución
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

resolver

Hello @aowenhill at this time I do not beleive it is possible to restrict / freeze comments on a specific blog post. I'd reccommend posting this feedback to ideas.hubspot.com, with as much detail as you can provide r.e. how this feature would add value to your content strategy. 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
3 Respuestas 3
Stephanie-OG
Asesor destacado

resolver

I came across this post looking for something else and I know it's really old but wanted to suggest a possible solution for future readers.

I haven't tried this in particular but I do often create custom fields for blog posts (I wrote a post about Adding custom fields to HubSpot blog posts).

I think you should be able to create a custom "Disable comments on this post" Boolean type custom field (checkbox) following my post above and, when it's enabled, use CSS or JS to hide the comment form and replace it with a "Comments are now closed" type text. 

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

HubSpot CMS Design & Development

Website | Contact

roisinkirby
Solución

resolver

Hello @aowenhill at this time I do not beleive it is possible to restrict / freeze comments on a specific blog post. I'd reccommend posting this feedback to ideas.hubspot.com, with as much detail as you can provide r.e. how this feature would add value to your content strategy. 

0 Me gusta
crysignatowski
Participante

resolver

We have been wanting to do this forever. We have a handful of posts that have hundreds of comments on them. We want to disable comments for these particular posts because our pages are getting SO long. But, we don't want to disable comments for all our other posts.

0 Me gusta