Blog, Website & Page Publishing

nickng
Participant

Deleted posts still showing up on blog, even after days

SOLVE

Initially, the blog had three posts as a "placeholder" for blog customization.

In the near end process of customiziation, we've published the real posts, and deleted the placeholder posts. However, in our "Popular Reads" and "Recent Posts" modules, the old placeholders are still showing up (see screencapture below), even they had been deleted for almost a week. 

Module of popular and recent postsModule of popular and recent posts

For example, in our blog editor, there's no indication of Eventide Gilead Fund Named...  article (see screencapture below) since it's been deleted; however, it's still showing up in the "Popular Reads" module (see screencapture above).

Published and un-published posts in blog editorPublished and un-published posts in blog editor

What should we do to resolve it? Appreciate any help we can get. Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
tjoyce
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the update @nickng. I'm not seeing any of the wrapping html elements in that code you pasted. Is that code directly from the wysiwyg? or did you copy it from the wysiwyg and remove the extra html elements? I'm just not seeing the extra code like I see in your actual live page. I just have a feeling that's not the actual code controlling those sections. Could you try deleting that source code momentarily, just to see if the sections dissapear when you do that? Then we can 100% know that is the true code and section that's in control.

tim@belch.io | https://forms.belch.io

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Does this post help you? If so, then help others by accepting it as a solution.

Q: Deleted posts still showing up on blog, even after days.

Short A: It's gone from the web now.

(see image - from Chrome PC | also confirmed Firefox PC and Edge PC)

hubspot-eventide-blog-20180628.png

Longer A:

Probably a case of persistent CDN caching or some other fancy words we can make up for unexplained HubSpot behavior. haha 😉

Does that help solve your question?

Best,
Frank

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please add @MFrankJohnson to your message if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
nickng
Participant

SOLVE

@MFrankJohnson Thanks. It's gone from the sidebar from the landing page, but seemingly still persisting in the blog post. For example, near the footer in this post still confirms that Eventide Gilead Fund Named... ,under "Popular Reads" section, is still showing up on my end, even after clearing the caches on Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Is it true also on your side? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Confirmed. Still bad.

(see image)

mfjlabs-screenshot-eventide-blog-page-Eastern Versus Western Stories of Business-20180629-079.png

Appears to be a good Popular Reads code module on the blog index page sidebar.

(see image)

mfjlabs-screenshot-eventide-blog-index-inspected.png

And bad Popular Reads (AND Recent Posts) code modules on the blog pages.

(see image)

mfjlabs-screenshot-eventide-blog-page-inspected.png

Not sure why there's different (extra) code being used for those two areas, but HubSpot blogs aren't my thing so there may be a totally valid reason for the differences ... 

Maybe ask for help from some of the guys in the Design forum. @Jsum@tjoyce

They could probably look at your blog index versus your blog pages and go, "Oh yeah. I see the problem."

Good luck. Wish we could've been more help.

Best,

Frank

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
tjoyce

SOLVE

Oh yea! I see the problem (maybe, lol).

From looking at the code, that list of blog posts are wrapped in a richtext module which seems odd to me that the rich text module would have a dynamically generated blog loop in it. Also, the fact that those links lead to 404's, I have to wonder if those post titles are hard coded into the wysiwyg on each page they appear. There are a couple of places they could be hiding. In the richetext editor in the design manager, you could check the default values set for the richetext block. Or, on the page editor you can check the richtext wysiwyg source code. 

To sum that up, it really just looks like those are added through a richtext editor and not through some magical blog loop generator (I could be wrong on that considering I have limited insight to the way your specific site is built)

nickng
Participant

SOLVE

@tjoyce Thanks for pointing out the rich text content for both sections. Currently, in these: 

"Popular Reads" section

POPULAR READS
{% set pop_posts = blog_popular_posts('default', 3) %}
{% for pop_post in pop_posts %}
{{ pop_post.name }} {# post-header-topic #} {% if pop_post.tag_list %}
{% for tag in pop_post.tag_list %} {{ tag.name }}{% if not loop.last %},{% endif %} {% endfor %} {% endif %} {# post-header-reading#} – {% set initialPostWords = pop_post.post_body|wordcount %} {% set calculatedPostWords = (initialPostWords/100) * 100 %} {% set finishedPostWords = calculatedPostWords|divide(300)|round(2) %} {% set number = finishedPostWords|round %} {{ finishedPostWords|round }} min read

{% endfor %}

and "Recent Posts"

RECENT POSTS
{% set rec_posts = blog_recent_posts('default', 3) %}
{% for rec_post in rec_posts %}
{{ rec_post.name }} {# post-header-topic #} {% if rec_post.tag_list %}
{% for tag in rec_post.tag_list %} {{ tag.name }}{% if not loop.last %},{% endif %} {% endfor %} {% endif %} {# post-header-reading#} – {% set initialPostWords = rec_post.post_body|wordcount %} {% set calculatedPostWords = (initialPostWords/100) * 100 %} {% set finishedPostWords = calculatedPostWords|divide(300)|round(2) %} {% set number = finishedPostWords|round %} {{ finishedPostWords|round }} min read

{% endfor %}

Are there any errors in the way we wrote these?

0 Upvotes
tjoyce
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the update @nickng. I'm not seeing any of the wrapping html elements in that code you pasted. Is that code directly from the wysiwyg? or did you copy it from the wysiwyg and remove the extra html elements? I'm just not seeing the extra code like I see in your actual live page. I just have a feeling that's not the actual code controlling those sections. Could you try deleting that source code momentarily, just to see if the sections dissapear when you do that? Then we can 100% know that is the true code and section that's in control.

nickng
Participant

SOLVE

@tjoyce Thanks. We found a solution with yours pointing us to the right direction. It was hard-coded with the specific links rather than using hubl code to auto-generate. 

Appreciated the help.