Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Lambercy

Default settings for blog posts

SOLVE

Hi community,

When creating a new blog post, it is mandatory to select the author manually from the post's setting page. As we have only one author, this is a bit annoying.

Is there a way to set a default author?

As most of our posts are very short, they don't have a featured image. This must also be disabled in each and every post at creation time.

Is there a way to disable feautred image by default on new blog posts?

Thanks,
Vincent

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DanielSanchez
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Lambercy 

Understand. In that case, if you allow me to give you one more suggestion (just ideas of what I know can be done for you to evaluate if it fits your scenario). You can create a module of repeatable items in HubSpot, for you to use in a page template and easily add or remove news.

The advantage of creating custom modules is that they contain exactly what you need.

I forward below 1 print of an example of what I wanted to mention (ignore the layout, it is to show the structure of add or remove items)

add-items.PNG

I hope you can find a good solution to your need.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
DanielSanchez

SOLVE

Hi @Lambercy ,

If you have default image auto created when create blog posts, this is the configuration of your blog template. In general, there is no default image. It is blank where the feature image would be created.

About the selection of the author, it is mandatory to mark. I don't know about auto selection. However, there are 2 clicks and not even 5 seconds of configuration.

Just an orientation. I don't know what the purpose of your blog is, but "very short" posts, without a featured image, tend to have ranking problems. I believe that it will be missing a great opportunity for long-term growth. But I can't judge without knowing your business, I just gave you information about SEO.

Featured image is very positive, and the text may require some standards that aid performance, such as heading tags and link building.

Hope this helps.

Best regards!

0 Upvotes
Lambercy

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply @DanielSanchez,

one part of the blog is a curated collection of news, so basically a central place where readers can find news about our niche. Title, short text and link to the source. We have many of these every day, so picking a featured image for each would be a pain. Longer posts will have featured image for sure.

Thanks for the tip on default image, I'll check this.

We are also considering API integration, to automate as much of the process as we can, but for now we look for each click that can be removed.

Vincent

0 Upvotes
DanielSanchez
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Lambercy 

Understand. In that case, if you allow me to give you one more suggestion (just ideas of what I know can be done for you to evaluate if it fits your scenario). You can create a module of repeatable items in HubSpot, for you to use in a page template and easily add or remove news.

The advantage of creating custom modules is that they contain exactly what you need.

I forward below 1 print of an example of what I wanted to mention (ignore the layout, it is to show the structure of add or remove items)

add-items.PNG

I hope you can find a good solution to your need.

Best regards!