Blog, Website & Page Publishing

ctkitchen
Contributor

Daily Prospects

SOLVE

Where do I find details on this info and how to best use it?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Daily Prospects

SOLVE

Hi @ctkitchen 

You can find more info on the prospects tool, reports and notifications/digests here: Track prospects

Prospects are basically annoymous visitors from companies that have been identified by IP lookup. Although they have not converted on your website yet, they may be researching a purhcase and therefore could be good targets for prospecting/outreach. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

Phil_Vallender
Solution

Daily Prospects

SOLVE

Hi @ctkitchen 

I would say that is fairly normal. Web traffic does tend to come from all over - and ISPs aren't always located where their customers are. I suggest comparing this against your Google Analytics geographic report to get a sense of how accurate it is. Also, you could add a country filter to your prospects list so that you only focus on the ones that appear to be local. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Daily Prospects

SOLVE

Hi @ctkitchen 

You can find more info on the prospects tool, reports and notifications/digests here: Track prospects

Prospects are basically annoymous visitors from companies that have been identified by IP lookup. Although they have not converted on your website yet, they may be researching a purhcase and therefore could be good targets for prospecting/outreach. 

Hope this helps.

ctkitchen
Contributor

Daily Prospects

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender Thanks Phil.  I may have a conflict as our webdesigner is not an employee. Does he reallyneed a hubspot id? He installed the code without an id. What does he need to do so the report works well?

Thanks.

Chris

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

Daily Prospects

SOLVE

Hi @ctkitchen 

If your website has the correct tracking code installed on it, then the prospects report should automatically work as it should. Are you seeing something unexpected? 

0 Upvotes
ctkitchen
Contributor

Daily Prospects

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender yes, I am getting things I dont expect.  Doesnt seem to be local people but worldwide.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Daily Prospects

SOLVE

Hi @ctkitchen 

I would say that is fairly normal. Web traffic does tend to come from all over - and ISPs aren't always located where their customers are. I suggest comparing this against your Google Analytics geographic report to get a sense of how accurate it is. Also, you could add a country filter to your prospects list so that you only focus on the ones that appear to be local. 

Hope this helps.

ctkitchen
Contributor

Daily Prospects

SOLVE

Thanks @Phil_Vallender I dont ge tthe google analytics ----will check with our web person.

0 Upvotes