Blog, Website & Page Publishing

willpate
Participant

Custom HTML Embed of Page Not Loading

SOLVE

Hi!

I've created a landing page using a different site builder I want to add to our existing HubSpot site. 

Using a blank page template, I've inserted a Custom HTML block with the URL to the new landing page at https://ics.unicornplatform.com/cloudresources/:

lIjObR8

But when we try viewing it, we get:

4DNNaAa

https://www.innovativecomp.com/cloud-resources

What am I doing wrong?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Kevin-C
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @willpate 

Looks like you're not doing anything wrong at all! And chrome isn't giving you a great error explanation.

I would suggest testing issues like this in both chrome and firefox at the very least.

The issue is with the embedded site's security settings. Specifically the X-Frame-Options header. This is used to prevent the site's content from being republished on another site.

In FF you'd be seeing an error like this:

"To protect your security, ics.unicornplatform.com will not allow Firefox to display the page if another site has embedded it. To see this page, you need to open it in a new window."

See the MDN docs here for more information.

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Kevin-C
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @willpate 

Looks like you're not doing anything wrong at all! And chrome isn't giving you a great error explanation.

I would suggest testing issues like this in both chrome and firefox at the very least.

The issue is with the embedded site's security settings. Specifically the X-Frame-Options header. This is used to prevent the site's content from being republished on another site.

In FF you'd be seeing an error like this:

"To protect your security, ics.unicornplatform.com will not allow Firefox to display the page if another site has embedded it. To see this page, you need to open it in a new window."

See the MDN docs here for more information.

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
willpate
Participant

SOLVE

Hey, thank you for the answer! 

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @willpate 

Thank you for reaching out!

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about each matter you mentioned here.

If you have any issues connecting with technical support please let us know! 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes