Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Varun1
Participant

Copying a website header from one theme to another

Hello Hubspot community!

I could use some help please. I have an existing website with 12 pages that were built using Theme1. I recently created 3 new pages with a Theme2, but the headers and footers from Theme1 haven't carried over. The header contains the menu for the site and has some custom code in it, so its essential to be the same. 

Does anyone know if and how header and footer modules can be copied from one theme to another? I've looked everywhere for documentation but can't find it!

Many thanks,

Varun 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Varun1
Participant

Thanks Kristen - I worked around this by recreating the menu in the new theme, but the idea of creating a new header module is a great suggestion.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

You're very welcome, @Varun1!

Thank you for sharing how you worked around this 🙂 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Varun1,

Thanks for reaching out! 

It's possible to pull an element from a different theme into a specific template for another theme using a global partial path as documented here

As a heads up though, this may not be an ideal process because each asset is designed to work within its original theme, not the other. When you use this command, you'll be able to pull over the HTML, but not the CSS, which will result in structure, but there will be no styling on the page.

The ideal way to do this would be with a web designer in order to create a new header module for the new theme that includes all the elements from the desired one.  

I will invite some of our subject matter experts from the Developer's Forum to get their opinion as well.
Hi @Anton@Teun@Oezcan@LMeert - Do you have any recommendations or insight for @Varun1?

Thank you!

Best,
Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !