Blog, Website & Page Publishing

RhiannonKingdom

Copy pasting content from Word

SOLVE

I am unsure if this is the correct place to post this, please let me know if not. 

I have found when copy-pasting content from other sources (I am specifically asking about word, but I have noticed this in other scenarios too) some of the words or sentences are wrapped in <g> tags. This prevents being able to easily set headings or block styles like paragraphs. It even messes with simple actions like setting text to bold, italics or underlining it. 

I've tried 'clear styling' multiple times, but it never removes the 'g' tags. Has anyone else run into this problem? 

Edit: I found the problem. It's not copy-pasting from word that was causing the issue. The in-browser plugin for Grammarly is what was causing the <g> tags to be inserted into the page, by temporarily turning the extension off the problem resolved. Hopefully, this can help anyone else who experiences the same problem.

1 Accepted solution
RhiannonKingdom
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @edjusten, thanks for the reply. 

I tried this after speaking with coworkers. I used Notepad ++, which removed some styling not all. The <g> tags were still in the text once it was pasted into the editor. These were being added to the page content by the grammarly chrome plugin. Once I deactivated the plugin on the page and reloaded, the problem was resolved. 

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
yogeshgupta

SOLVE

Hi, I have created my newsletter in Microsoft Word with tables and much formatting. How can I copy-paste that into Hubspot to keep all the formatting and contents?

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Actually @RhiannonKingdom  it is recomended that you copy from a simple text editor such as Apple's Text Edit, or Windows Note Pad. These editors strip out all internal Word codes that can sometimes mess up formatting when you paste in to HubSpot. Best practice is to compose raw text in one of these editors, paste into HubSpot content app, then add formatting such as bold/italics/bullets. 

Hope this helps.

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
RhiannonKingdom
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @edjusten, thanks for the reply. 

I tried this after speaking with coworkers. I used Notepad ++, which removed some styling not all. The <g> tags were still in the text once it was pasted into the editor. These were being added to the page content by the grammarly chrome plugin. Once I deactivated the plugin on the page and reloaded, the problem was resolved. 

Thanks 🙂