Blog, Website & Page Publishing

BLauritsen
Participante

Change primary domain in CMS professional - not working

Hi.

I have a primary domain and a redirect domain (connected via reverse proxy, it says), and I want to change the primary to the redirect domain. But when I click edit primary domain, the redirect domain doesn´t appear in the dropdown, and I also cannot connect a new domain. What to do?

0 Me gusta
5 Respuestas 5
Teun
Experto reconocido | Partner nivel Diamond

Ah my bad, didn't know you we're trying to switch your brand domain. Here is a bit more info on how to achieve that: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/domains-and-urls/replace-your-brand-domain

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

0 Me gusta
BLauritsen
Participante

this is what Hubspot support told me just now. I´ll try that tomorrow.

you have a redirect domain - "XXX" which you are trying to connect as a primary domain by editing your existing primary domain (for website, landing pages, or email), and the reason this redirect domain is not appearing as an option for you when trying to replace the existing primary domain is that the brand domain for your account is still connected as "YYY" and the brand domain of the redirect domain you are trying to connect as the primary domain is "XXX".

In order to connect this new redirect domain as your primary domain, you would first need to navigate to the Advanced options tab and click Replace Brand Domain.

After you are able to replace your brand domain, your redirect domain should be available as an option for connecting it as a primary domain.

0 Me gusta
Teun

Not completely sure, but I think that the domain that you want to use as primary has to be connected as a secondary first. I'll see if I can run some tests.

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

Teun

Hi @BLauritsen ,

What Hubs do you have? To switch the primary domain, you need one of the following Hubs: 

• Marketing Hub Professional, Enterprise
  • CMS Hub Starter, Professional, Enterprise
  • Legacy Marketing Hub Basic

0 Me gusta
BLauritsen
Participante

Hi Teun.

Thanks for helping out. We have CMS HUb Professional and Marketing Hub Starter, and I have already been through the process (the link you also posted) before posting my question here, but it doesn´t work, so that´s why I am hoping to get help here

0 Me gusta