Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Beth_tsi
Participant

Can't end an A/B test on landing pages

SOLVE

I've tried ending an A/B test about 10 times now but every time I go back into the landing page it shows as still being active.

Are there any work around to this? I've tried going into the page edit and ending the test there and also from Content details > test results and tried selecting "Choose as winner"

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Beth_tsi,

Choosing as winner from the Test results tab should work, this sounds like a bug. Have you tried making the changes in a different browser / private tab without extensions?

Since you're running A/B tests, you seem to have a Professional or Enterprise subscription with access to HubSpot support (see the purple in-app widget on the lower right of the screen). I would reach out to them to see what's going on.

For an interim brute force solution, you could try to delete the variation which you don't want to keep: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/website-pages/run-an-a-b-test-on-your-page#delete-a-variation

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
squigglebit
Contributor

SOLVE

I'm also experiencing this exact same problem, I cannot end the split test, I have no option to choose a winner, which means I can't start the next phase of testing. Sad to see this is a problem that's nearly a year old now.

Swinters07
Participant

SOLVE

And in 2024 I'm experiencing the same. It would be great to have a fix. 

0 Upvotes
RV6
Participant

SOLVE

I'm running an A/B test on a landing-page as well and now I want to continue working with the B variant. I've found this information: "In your A/B tested page, only the B variation can be deleted without deleting the page."

Do you have any experience with that @karstenkoehler? The Hubspot Support told me I have to build the "B variation" again if I want to continue with this version and delete the Landing-Page but I can't believe thats the only way. 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Beth_tsi,

Choosing as winner from the Test results tab should work, this sounds like a bug. Have you tried making the changes in a different browser / private tab without extensions?

Since you're running A/B tests, you seem to have a Professional or Enterprise subscription with access to HubSpot support (see the purple in-app widget on the lower right of the screen). I would reach out to them to see what's going on.

For an interim brute force solution, you could try to delete the variation which you don't want to keep: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/website-pages/run-an-a-b-test-on-your-page#delete-a-variation

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BWesterfjell
Participant

SOLVE

It is not possible to delete A variant and let the B variant be the only variant?

0 Upvotes