Blog, Website & Page Publishing

KristieSan
Teilnehmer/-in

Can I track the performance of an external landing page that has hubspot tracking code installed

lösung

Hi there 

One of my partner brands has created their own landing page but wants to know if I can track its activity/performance via hubspot. I have sent them the HubSpot tracking code from my account and they have installed it their side.  

I'm trying to figure out how I see the data now in my account. I have created a tracking URL under reporting, but not sure if thats how I do it? 

Kristie

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Ben_M
Lösung
Autorität

Can I track the performance of an external landing page that has hubspot tracking code installed

lösung

The hubspot tracking code won't give you individual page performance like you are thinking.  Normally if you created a page in Hubspot, you would be able to view page statistics for the landing page.  Hubspot will track if a known contact visits that page, but for your instance, something along the lines of Google Analytics or a similar product would be more suited to give you the numbers you are after.

To make it possible to include Hubspot as well, your best option would be to use a tag manager and give them that code, then you can push Google Analytics, Hubspot or whatever else they may need through the container code without them having to install each piece of code separately on their site.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
2 Antworten
Ben_M
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

The hubspot tracking code won't give you individual page performance like you are thinking.  Normally if you created a page in Hubspot, you would be able to view page statistics for the landing page.  Hubspot will track if a known contact visits that page, but for your instance, something along the lines of Google Analytics or a similar product would be more suited to give you the numbers you are after.

To make it possible to include Hubspot as well, your best option would be to use a tag manager and give them that code, then you can push Google Analytics, Hubspot or whatever else they may need through the container code without them having to install each piece of code separately on their site.

0 Upvotes
KristieSan
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Ben 

Thank you for your reply.

I think I understand. So I can't track the activity of an external landing page, and in order to track visits to an external page (outside of hubspot) the propsect would need to already have a contact profile in hubspot through previous interactions? 

Kristie

0 Upvotes