Blog, Website & Page Publishing

MCarnes
Participant

Can I redirect a domain to a landing page?

SOLVE

Hey there!

My company just recently acquired another company. I have already gone in and dealt with all the DNS things and got their website to redirect to ours through Hubspot. The only option to redirect too though is our main home page URL. My question now is, is there any way that I can get the companies URL to redirect to a landing page on our website instead of just the home page? I would like to be able to have them go to something that introduces and explains why they are no longer at the old site. 

Thanks,

Megan 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MCarnes
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

@natsumimori 

I just figured it out!! Originally before I added them to our domains the redirect url's weren't working so I thought I had to do it through domain URL redirects but now I realize that since their domains are connected I can add a separate URL redirect!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
JCoats

SOLVE

yes I think yes but its not an easy  task at all.

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MCarnes ,

To redirect a company's URL to a landing page, you have to add a redirect option in your backend.
To know the exact location, you can always refer to the below screenshot- 

webdew_0-1622454470092.png

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MCarnes ,

With the HubSpot URL redirects tool, you can redirect traffic from any URL on a HubSpot-hosted domain to any other URL. 
If the page is hosted outside then you have yo set-up the redirect in any other system.
Refer this article here to know more about URL redirect.

Hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MCarnes ,

Thank you for reaching out!

You can set a redirect to landing pages by following the steps oulined here if the page you're trying to redirect from is hosted with HubSpot : Create and manage URL redirects

It sounds like the page you're trying to redirect from (the aquired company's page) is hosted externally, is that correct? In that case, you will need to set up the redirect in the external system. (Let me know if I understand your situation wrongly!)

MCarnes
Participant

SOLVE

@natsumimori So if I wanted to do the redirecting from the external system, would I keep the original redirect that I set up on Hubspot? 

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@MCarnes 

If your original page("redirect from" page) is hosted externally, you wouldn't be able to set up redirect within HubSpot. Therefore, you can disregard the redirect setting you've made in HubSpot.

Is the redirect setting you've made in HubSpot working right now? If so, I wonder your original page is hosted externally.

0 Upvotes
MCarnes
Participant

SOLVE

@natsumimori The redirect I have now in Hubspot is working right now! My issue is though that my only option to redirect to is our main page, where I want the acquired companies' URL to redirect to a landing page that explains why they are at our website now. 

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@MCarnes 

Are you following this knowledge base article? As long as the page you're trying to redirect from is hosted with HubSpot, you should be able to redirect to any other URL. Are you getting any error message?

0 Upvotes
MCarnes
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

@natsumimori 

I just figured it out!! Originally before I added them to our domains the redirect url's weren't working so I thought I had to do it through domain URL redirects but now I realize that since their domains are connected I can add a separate URL redirect!

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @MCarnes , thank you for sharing the result. It will help other Community members in the future. Thanks!

MCarnes
Participant

SOLVE

@natsumimori 

Yes I have looked at that article. I think the difference is that mine is a domain redirect and not an internal URL redirect. See below pictures of what I am seeing. Where it says redirect to.. it only has our main page as an option is what I mean. (sorry for the late response I was on PTO!)

MCarnes_0-1623787900754.png

MCarnes_1-1623787989987.png

0 Upvotes