Blog, Website & Page Publishing

AStahl

Can I amend the tracking url HubSpot applies to a link?

The one it applies to our home page url goes to an old cached page! 

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @AStahl 

Usually, depending on which WordPress host and WordPress Plugins you use there will be button somewhere to "Clear the Cache".

If you post a link to your homepage I will have a look at the HTML to see if I can help.

Mike

p.s. thank you for the mention @TiphaineCuisset 

AStahl

Thanks Mike - we've been clearing the cache regularly!

It seems that any url that comes after the domain that starts with a question mark will trigger the issue.

Here's our website url: https://42t.com

Here's our website url on the Hubspot newsletter - note the question mark!

https://42t.com/?utm_medium=email&_hsmi=62761812&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-804JRvYhU4I_8b1zVO_amLvBAIKPAhNEAo-v...

Creating a Bitly url gave me a short-term solution!

Thanks

Adrian

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AStahl 

Thank you for reaching out

Could you clarify exactly what is happening? Do you mean that when you click somewhere in your homepage you get redirected to an old page that users shouldnt see? 

Creating tracking URLs are only available with CMS or Marketing Hub Professionnal and Enterprise

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist!

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

AStahl

Hi Tiphaine,

Thanks for the message and apologies for delay in replying! We now believe it's an issue with the website itself (WordPress/coding).  

FYI the url to our website home page was added to our HubSpot newsletter. When clicked on in preview mode it directs to the home page correctly. When clicked on once the newsletter is sent it directs to the home page correctly, BUT that home page then displays an old/cached banner message. It seems that if the url has a '?' in it WordPress decides to display this old banner message! It's really odd, but not a problem with the HubSpot side of things!

Adrian   

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AStahl 

This does look strange

Tagging some of our experts here just in case - @Jake_Lett @Mike_Eastwood @Ben_M do you know what may be happening here?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes