Building a Microsite: How to Clone All Pages?SOLVE
Jul 29, 2020 12:25 AM
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some ideas here. We have a built-out brand webite, but are going to be launching a sister brand in a new market. We plan to purchase the HubSpot brand domain add-on, and are hoping to clone a bunch of our existing pages/templates/etc into that "microsite", then re-design/re-write content as necessary.
A few questions I had as I'm thinking through the potential workflow:
- Is the microsite in it's own environment? Or are the pages mixed up with the other site(s)?
- Is there a way to bulk-clone all of our pages, or at least the major ones?
- Any tips/tricks on creating what basically amounts to a clone of our current site?
Any info on the brand domain add-on and how it will sit and function in our HubSpot instance would be appreciated!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Aug 11, 2020 5:20 PM
- I believe that the microsites content will be along with the primary domains content.
I think the hosting/cdn can be modified, but im not sure. see here
- I do not know of a way to bluk clone, but you can clone a page and change its domain in content manager's settings: settings > Page URL > edit icon
- If you will be redesigning a substantial amount, deviating from the original design I might:
- Clone the desired pages and change their brand domain
- Establish a naming convention to keep the two organized and readable
- Duplicate the desired templates into their own root in the design manager.
- Go back to the cloned pages settings and set their templates to reflect the newly duplicated templates
Hope this help!