Blog, Website & Page Publishing

NGV-Jackie
Participant

Building a Microsite: How to Clone All Pages?

SOLVE

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some ideas here. We have a built-out brand webite, but are going to be launching a sister brand in a new market. We plan to purchase the HubSpot brand domain add-on, and are hoping to clone a bunch of our existing pages/templates/etc into that "microsite", then re-design/re-write content as necessary.

A few questions I had as I'm thinking through the potential workflow:

• Is the microsite in it's own environment? Or are the pages mixed up with the other site(s)?
  • Is there a way to bulk-clone all of our pages, or at least the major ones?
  • Any tips/tricks on creating what basically amounts to a clone of our current site?

Any info on the brand domain add-on and how it will sit and function in our HubSpot instance would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jackie

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Kevin-C
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks @JessicaH 

Hey @NGV-Jackie 

1.  I believe that the microsites content will be along with the primary domains content.
    I think the hosting/cdn can be modified, but im not sure. see here

2. I do not know of a way to bluk clone, but you can clone a page and change its domain in content manager's settings: settings > Page URL > edit icon
  3. If you will be redesigning a substantial amount, deviating from the original design I might:
    - Clone the desired pages and change their brand domain
    - Establish a naming convention to keep the two organized and readable
    - Duplicate the desired templates into their own root in the design manager.
    - Go back to the cloned pages settings and set their templates to reflect the newly duplicated templates

Hope this help!

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @NGV-Jackie,

Thanks for reaching out. 

I want to tag some subject matter experts to see if they have any suggestions.

Hi @DanielSanchez @Ismail @Kevin-C, would you be able to share your thoughts with @NGV-Jackie?

Thanks!

Jess  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Kevin-C
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks @JessicaH 

Hey @NGV-Jackie 

1.  I believe that the microsites content will be along with the primary domains content.
    I think the hosting/cdn can be modified, but im not sure. see here

2. I do not know of a way to bluk clone, but you can clone a page and change its domain in content manager's settings: settings > Page URL > edit icon
  3. If you will be redesigning a substantial amount, deviating from the original design I might:
    - Clone the desired pages and change their brand domain
    - Establish a naming convention to keep the two organized and readable
    - Duplicate the desired templates into their own root in the design manager.
    - Go back to the cloned pages settings and set their templates to reflect the newly duplicated templates

Hope this help!

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev