Blog, Website & Page Publishing

rokettochris
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

[Broken] The New Google Doc Import Experience in the Blog Editor

resolver

This is regards to the new "improved google soc import experience" in the Blog Editor that was rolled out June 23rd - https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/an-improved-google-doc-import-experience-in-the-blog-editor

Before this update, we could copy from a google doc and paste into HS and it would bring over all of the heading, list, table, etc. tags but not the formatting, since we already have styles defined in our CSS. Now, that no longer operates that way and we have the two horrible options:

a) Import the Google docs with all of the inline styles for every tag which is extremely clunky and crazy (see image below).

formatting-nightmare.png

b) Paste into a plain text editor to clear the formatting completely (including all tags), copy and paste into HubSpot and format from scratch, which is very time-consuming for long-form content. 

This is really disruptive to our long-form blogging and hard to believe this is an "improved experience" for more people than this is affecting negatively. I'd really like to see this ridiculous update reversed, or at the very least, an option to "reset styles" so that we can wipe out all of the inline styles brought over from Google docs.

Thanks

1 Soluciones aceptada
bronson
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

@rokettochris 

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about how the feature has affected you. We have turned off the "consistent pasting" feature for all portals as of Monday - 06.29 - morning. You can still use the new import google doc feature.

Our intent is to best port semantic HTML from sources like Google Docs and MS Word. We made some assumptions about styles that were a bridge too far. We will refine our assumptions and hopefully find a sweet spot for what structure and styles (if any) we respect from paste sources.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
bronson
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

@rokettochris 

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about how the feature has affected you. We have turned off the "consistent pasting" feature for all portals as of Monday - 06.29 - morning. You can still use the new import google doc feature.

Our intent is to best port semantic HTML from sources like Google Docs and MS Word. We made some assumptions about styles that were a bridge too far. We will refine our assumptions and hopefully find a sweet spot for what structure and styles (if any) we respect from paste sources.

rokettochris

resolver

@bronson 

I noticed that I could paste as usual last week, such a relief!

Appreciate the reply. 

PamCotton
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hello @rokettochris 

Thank you for your feedback and information provided here, firstly I would like to apologize for the frustrations, and business impact this has caused. 

Investigating more I was able to find that at the moment there is not a way to restore the previous functionality.

Looking at the product update I can see not all styles are supported, my recommendation would be to check if your import contains any of the style mentioned on the post :

• Indenting can only be applied to paragraphs
  • Styles on the bullet, or special bullet symbols (like arrows, stars or diamonds)
  • Columns
  • Page or section breaks
  • Table border styling when there is a mix of border styles

After that, if your file does not contain any of the styles above, please reply to your current HubSpot Support ticket with the screenshots and more information, this way we can continue investigating and provide feedback for our team.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !