Blog, Website & Page Publishing

IDB

Blog postings not displaying

SOLVE

They show up on the backend while in the page editor, but not on the preview or site itself. Sharing and visibility settings have been set up, there are no missing brackets to disrupt the display, and I've tried other methods of getting it to generate. Nothing seems to work. 

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 11.20.25 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-01-26 at 11.20.55 AM.png

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@IDB if it works in preview, and not live, it is usually due to code outside of the page that's missing or has an error.

A common example would be a jQuery conflict.

If you open your website in chrome, right click the page and choose Inspect, then change to "Console" to see if there are errors.

here's a random error to show you an example

Jnix284_0-1674756450476.png

If you want to share your page link, I can also look at the code to see what might be happening.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

This is what I see on the page with the RSS module:

Jnix284_0-1683642748191.png

Since they show up on the back end, but not live site - have you confirmed with HubSpot that this feature is compatible with CMS Hub Free?

It's the only other thing I can think of 🧐

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
IDB

SOLVE

Not me back after five months because we're finally ready to launch

https://1868foundation.org/test
Here is the test page with the RSS module (both external link and internal) 

https://1868foundation.org/news/blue-ribbon-kick-off-the-great-steak-debate
Here is a blog post

https://1868foundation.org/news

Here is the blog in question

I went through the module code itself and didn't see any glaring issues, and there were no syntax errors. 🙃

Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

This is what I see on the page with the RSS module:

Jnix284_0-1683642748191.png

Since they show up on the back end, but not live site - have you confirmed with HubSpot that this feature is compatible with CMS Hub Free?

It's the only other thing I can think of 🧐

0 Upvotes
IDB

SOLVE

This was it –– turns out I just wasn't upgraded enough for this feature. (^': 

Thank you for all of your tips + guidance on this! 

SaberPay

SOLVE

Based on this, I assume blog feeds are not available in the free version? Apprecaite any insight as I am having the same issue.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

you're welcome, I'm glad we could get to the bottom of it!

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@IDB if it works in preview, and not live, it is usually due to code outside of the page that's missing or has an error.

A common example would be a jQuery conflict.

If you open your website in chrome, right click the page and choose Inspect, then change to "Console" to see if there are errors.

here's a random error to show you an example

Jnix284_0-1674756450476.png

If you want to share your page link, I can also look at the code to see what might be happening.

IDB

SOLVE

Sure thing; here is that [ link ] , let me know if you need anything else from me! 

I did see a few errors when I checked the console; fingers crossed it's just something that easy. It's my first time using Hubspot for a client site so I still have more to learn apparently! (^: 

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

Thanks for the link @IDB , happy to help!

So there are 2 errors, and they are failing to load an RSS feed, which I'm 99% sure are the two blogs - are the blogs published? 

If not, the module won't pull in drafts, which is why you might see it in preview and not live.

If they are published, we might have to do some more troubleshooting, and the live blog links would be helpful.

I did a quick search for your theme (Melinda), but I'm not familiar with it enough to know how they coded the blog modules. It might require reaching out to their support, I didn't see anything in their documentation either.