Blog, Website & Page Publishing

LannyHeidbreder
Mitglied

Blog export doesn't have correct authors

lösung

Blog post CSV exports have an Author column, but this seems to show the HubSpot user that last edited the post, not the selected Author in the post settings. A great many of the blog posts I'm exporting have "Hubspot System" as their author, even where they have a human's name selected in the Author field.

Is there any way to get manually set author data out of HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Jake_Lett
Lösung
Ratgeber/-in | Partner
Ratgeber/-in | Partner

lösung

Hi Lanny,

I recently ran into this same issue during a migration. This article does a good job explaining how to create a csv of the blog data https://www.bluleadz.com/blog/how-to-export-a-hubspot-blog

In my case, I had 500 blog post so the 200 limit of recent blog posts made me use the blog listing template solution. This has a limit of 1000 posts. If you have more posts than that you would need to use the API. I updated the listing in site settings to 1000 then in my blog listing template added this code inside the contents for loop. View the template without publishing and view the page source. Look for the code inside your script tag and copy and paste into a blank text document saved with a .HTML extension. Then open the HTML file in a browser and copy the text and paste it into another blank text document and save as a .csv file. 

I added the code below in a script tag to make it easier to find and not output the code on the frontend of the page.

<script>       
"post_title","post_author_email",<br>
{% for content in contents %} "{{ content.name|forceescape }}","{{ content.blog_post_author.email }}"<br>{% endfor %}
</script> 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
Jake_Lett
Lösung
Ratgeber/-in | Partner
Ratgeber/-in | Partner

lösung

Hi Lanny,

I recently ran into this same issue during a migration. This article does a good job explaining how to create a csv of the blog data https://www.bluleadz.com/blog/how-to-export-a-hubspot-blog

In my case, I had 500 blog post so the 200 limit of recent blog posts made me use the blog listing template solution. This has a limit of 1000 posts. If you have more posts than that you would need to use the API. I updated the listing in site settings to 1000 then in my blog listing template added this code inside the contents for loop. View the template without publishing and view the page source. Look for the code inside your script tag and copy and paste into a blank text document saved with a .HTML extension. Then open the HTML file in a browser and copy the text and paste it into another blank text document and save as a .csv file. 

I added the code below in a script tag to make it easier to find and not output the code on the frontend of the page.

<script>       
"post_title","post_author_email",<br>
{% for content in contents %} "{{ content.name|forceescape }}","{{ content.blog_post_author.email }}"<br>{% endfor %}
</script> 

JessicaH
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @LannyHeidbreder,

Thanks for reaching out.
It looks like you have access to HubSpot Technical Support. As troubleshooting this further will involve sharing information specific to your account and specific examples, partnering with them will be the best next step.

Take care!
Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes