Blog, Website & Page Publishing

kkunkel

Blog Post & Product Page Integration

SOLVE

Hello HubSpot Community!

I'm curious if any other HubSpot customers are interested or have done the following.

We are utilizing HubSpot blog feature and plan on building out more content throughout this year.  We are wondering if there is a way to automatically display our blog posts on our website's product pages?  We'd love to give our blog content more visilibilty while also enhancing our product pages with more resources and information.

Has anyone done this before?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @kkunkel,

Are you using HubDB and dynamic pages to create your product pages or are they manually created ?

If you are using HubDB, then you could use that HubL function to make a dynamic module :
You will see that you can call blog posts using that HubL function and use filters to control what blog posts are returned to you, filters include blog post tags.

You would have to call that function using the corresponding tag and of course have matching tags between the products and the blog posts.

Let's say I sell audio equipment, I could have tags on my products (headphones, bluetooth, home cinema, etc.) and matching tags on my blog posts.
Let's say I have a tutorial explaining which audio codec I should look out for my bluetooth speaker then I would tag it "bluetooth" "speaker" "tutorial".

Then that's how you could format your HubL function :

{% related_blog_posts limit=3, blog_ids="1", 
  tags="bluetooth", 
  start_date="2022-01-01"
%}

You will need to dive a bit deeper into this function to see how you can customize the output and make it your own but matching on the blog posts tags is certainly a way to do it.
If you are creating the pages manually, you can create a module, add it to the product page template, and have users select the appropriate tags related to the product.

Hope this helps !
If it does, please consider marking this answer as a solution 🙂

Best,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @kkunkel,

Are you using HubDB and dynamic pages to create your product pages or are they manually created ?

If you are using HubDB, then you could use that HubL function to make a dynamic module :
You will see that you can call blog posts using that HubL function and use filters to control what blog posts are returned to you, filters include blog post tags.

You would have to call that function using the corresponding tag and of course have matching tags between the products and the blog posts.

Let's say I sell audio equipment, I could have tags on my products (headphones, bluetooth, home cinema, etc.) and matching tags on my blog posts.
Let's say I have a tutorial explaining which audio codec I should look out for my bluetooth speaker then I would tag it "bluetooth" "speaker" "tutorial".

Then that's how you could format your HubL function :

{% related_blog_posts limit=3, blog_ids="1", 
  tags="bluetooth", 
  start_date="2022-01-01"
%}

You will need to dive a bit deeper into this function to see how you can customize the output and make it your own but matching on the blog posts tags is certainly a way to do it.
If you are creating the pages manually, you can create a module, add it to the product page template, and have users select the appropriate tags related to the product.

Hope this helps !
If it does, please consider marking this answer as a solution 🙂

Best,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @kkunkel 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @Mike_Eastwood @LMeert do you have any suggestion for @kkunkel on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

HRoast

SOLVE

This is extra ordinary idea but very tough to understand I tried the same process to show my blog post od website product pages but failed in every try there is something I am missing and looking for the guide.

0 Upvotes