Blog, Website & Page Publishing

perkypixel
Participant

Blog Not Redirecting After Moving Away from Hubspot

SOLVE

Hi there.

We've moved our blog from Hubspot to Wordpress and also downgraded our Hubspot account to the free one.

I've redirected our blog posts from subdomain to folder within our Cloudflare account.

The problem: The Old Hubspot URL is showing a Hubspot 404 page ("This page isn’t available. Please check that the URL entered is correct or try loading the page again.

If you’re still having trouble, please contact the website owner.")

OLD URL (Hubspot): https://blog.domain.com/blog-post

Where it should redirect (WordPress): https://www.domain.com/blog/blog-post

Is there anything on the Hubspot side that is causing this?  It's odd that it's showing a HS 404 page even though the DNS CNAME record is no longer pointing to Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @perkypixel 

I already got a response from the team - The domain was actually still connected to HubSpot which is why it was showing a 404 error. We deleted that and now I can see the redirect is working! 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
YANG_YSUNG_TA
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there, 

i also faced the same problem....

====================================================================================

That's the issue, I have pointed the CNAME and set up the redirect, but it's still showing a Hubspot 404 page. There are zero Hubspot entries in the DNS... so I can't imagine how the Hubspot page would still show when loading the subdomain blog.  I've tried deleting the whole record and readding it. 

Just curious if there is something about Hubspot and DNS that I'm unaware of... something else I should be doing?

Thanks again. 

=====================================================================================

please help me even I delete hubspot account; my websiye still shown 404....

This page isn’t available

Please check that the URL entered is correct or try loading the page again.

If you’re still having trouble, please contact the website owner.

please help me and GREAT THANK YOU...

Robert

0 Upvotes
perkypixel
Participant

SOLVE

@hubspot When I spoke with HS support via chat, they mentioned waiting for a resolution on this thread.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @perkypixel 

Thank you for tagging us and posting in the Community

As a free user, you would get help for HubSpot in the Community. You would have spoken to an inbound success coach via chat and not HubSpot technical support. 

I have reached out internally to the team regarding this issue after investigating - I will let you know as soon as I have an update. 

Thank you for your patience on this. 

Best

Tiphaine

ps: thanks @Mike_Eastwood for your help!

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @perkypixel 

I already got a response from the team - The domain was actually still connected to HubSpot which is why it was showing a 404 error. We deleted that and now I can see the redirect is working! 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

perkypixel
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you so much, @TiphaineCuisset! Can confirm the redirects are now working.

perkypixel
Participant

SOLVE

Heard back from Cloudflare; posting here in case anyone else has a similar issue to mine:

Hubspot is a customer of Cloudflare and use our SSL for SaaS product, this means that any hostnames that you point towards Hubspot they take control over and you are not able to control that hostname via your zone. You would need to reach out to Hubspot support to look about getting a redirect created for this hostname.

Seems like a security issue that Hubspot gets full control of the hostname. I'll contact HS support separately from this message because I don't believe HS supports this community area... right?

Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @perkypixel 

You will want to point a CNAME from blog.lynxtechnologypartners.com to your WordPress Website.

Sounds like you've added a Redirect in Cloudflare from blog.lynxtechnologypartners.com/* to lynxtechnologypartners.com/blog/*

Feel free to send me a message if you need more details.

Mike

perkypixel
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Mike, 

Truly appreciate your response. 🙂

That's the issue, I have pointed the CNAME and set up the redirect, but it's still showing a Hubspot 404 page. There are zero Hubspot entries in the DNS... so I can't imagine how the Hubspot page would still show when loading the subdomain blog.  I've tried deleting the whole record and readding it. 

Just curious if there is something about Hubspot and DNS that I'm unaware of... something else I should be doing?

Thanks again. 🙂