Blog, Website & Page Publishing

rranchhod

Blog Featured Image

SOLVE

How can you set a featured post for the blog listing page but not show up in the actual Blog.

I am creating a blog with video content and would prefer not to have the featured image show up on the blog also. 

If I remove the featured image then the blog listing page page show no image and that also doesnt look good for the blog listing page.

It would be great to have the flexibility. I took a screen shot from the video to use as the image but still defeats the purpose of what I am trying to acheive. 

Maybe this could be a great new option to add.

1 Accepted solution
subin
Solution
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

Blog Featured Image

SOLVE

hi @rranchhod 

As per my i understanding you need to display you featured image only on blog listing page and not on blog article page.

You can edit the blog post Hubl code section on blog template

blog.png

Here on blog post template section jus comment the blog featured image section, so the image will not be listed on Article page

blogp.png

Please try and reply if any more clarification required

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
MGross5
Participant

Blog Featured Image

SOLVE

Hey, I know this is is an older thread, but I found something that worked for me and figured i'd share in case anyone else is still having this issue. 

Disclaimer. I know almost nothing about coding. However, I went to settings > blog > templates > and then pasted something like this into the global blog post header. 

<style>
.classname {display:none;}
</style>

Just an idea for anyone who is still struggling with this. It worked for me!

rranchhod

Blog Featured Image

SOLVE

Hi @subin

Thank you, Yes you can do this however this will then change the layout of all the blogs. I would like to be able to choose how the post is posted without changing the main code as it still needs to be consistent with the main blogs. 👍🏾

BJSzyjakowski
Contributor

Blog Featured Image

SOLVE

I am relatively new to figuring my way around Hubspot and Hubl as well but it seems like you have a blog that consists of both video oriented blogs and normal text based blogs? you could always design two templates that can be used in the blog one for videos and one for text based ones and alter the video template as mentioned above? That seems like a bit more work than desired but it would probably fix the issue until somehting better comes up?

0 Upvotes
subin
Solution

Blog Featured Image

SOLVE

hi @rranchhod 

As per my i understanding you need to display you featured image only on blog listing page and not on blog article page.

You can edit the blog post Hubl code section on blog template

blog.png

Here on blog post template section jus comment the blog featured image section, so the image will not be listed on Article page

blogp.png

Please try and reply if any more clarification required

0 Upvotes
MikeMagan

Blog Featured Image

SOLVE

so what code do you edit or remove to make sure the featured image does NOT show up on the blog age but DOES on the listing page

0 Upvotes
BJSzyjakowski
Contributor

Blog Featured Image

SOLVE

Hey Mike,

I am going to refer to the images and the post above by Subin because his images are dead on. But if you go to design manager you and pull up the template that you are using for your blog you should see something similar to what Subin's first image depicts: a Blog content section that has a blog listing view and a blog post view. 

if you click into the post view you should find the chunck of code that subin underlined and if you remove that it should remove the featured image from the post. 

Then you will want to double check that it IS included in the listing view. There are acutally a couple ways that the code might be displayed as there are multiple ways to make a featured image appear. 

There is some helfpul information here about featured images 

https://designers.hubspot.com/docs/hubl/hubl-supported-variables

as well as here: https://designers.hubspot.com/docs/hubl/hubl-supported-tags

Hope this helps! Let me know if it doesnt! It would also be helpful if you posted some code you were working with that we could take a look at. 

Good Luck!

-BJ