Blog, Website & Page Publishing

the_emily_b
Contributor

Best video hosting option

SOLVE

What's your favorite platform for hosting videos that will be embedded on your website?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You'll want to pay attention to the keynote at Inbound in two weeks, as there will be some news about a HubSpot Video offering. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
VLab7

SOLVE

Here is the list 

1. HubSpot
  2. YouTube
  3. Vimeo
  4. Dailymotion
  5. Wistia
  6. SproutVideo
  7. Hippo Video
  8. Vidyard
  9. Brightcove
  10. Cincopa

You can also read the best animation 

jessebeginbound
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

@the_emily_b 

Overall, I prefer Wistia because of how easy it is to add, brand, and look at viewing statistics for it. You can get 5 free videos and they were doing it long before Vidyard, even though they've made great strides with HubSpot Video and integrating with HubSpot. Wistia is just more of our preference for a professional solution. 

That said, YouTube is always a safe option, they have some statistics now and there are HubSpot modules that you can use now to put them into beautiful popups instead of ugly iframes and embed codes. 

Hope that helps!

Jesse

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: What's your favorite platform for hosting videos that will be embedded on your [HubSpot] website??

Short A: See Wistia [video]

Longer A:

Hey @the_emily_b, great to see you still around.

We've seen some absolutely beautiful work with the HubSpot-Wistia integration. Not the least expensive, but again, a beautiful integration. Checkout that video (above).

HubSpot Video (aka: Vidyard Lite) UPDATE [Vidyard KB - Nov-2018]:

HubSpot Video requires the Professional version(s) of HubSpot or above. And, separately, Vidyard requires a paid account before allowing downloads of any videos created / hosted on their platform.

Average price per customer for Vidyard = $1,500/month (that's not a typo). In some cases there may also be a setup fee plus a separate $2,000 fee to activate (optional) Vidyard marketing automation integrations.

These two factors alone, which can result in an additional >$1000+/month for your HubSpot Video 'free' video solution, will price Vidyard out of consideration for many SMBs. (head shaking) Especially when (again) Wistia already has such a beautiful integration for HubSpot.

More to follow ...

Always happy to help you build on HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You'll want to pay attention to the keynote at Inbound in two weeks, as there will be some news about a HubSpot Video offering. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
the_emily_b
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the heads-up! So glad I didn't splurge on Wistia just yet.

gabriel-nextiny
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi Emily,

HubSpot video is a great option, so definitely check it out. It is still in the beginning stages of development but HubSpot will definitely put a lot of effort into making it more and more robust over time. The best part is that it is in HubSpot already and it is free.

We use Wistia for all our customers since we need more advanced optimization tools. The HubSpot-Wistia integration is amazing!

HubSpot - Wistia Integration

Let me know if you have any questions.

G

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>"The best part is that it [(HubSpot Video)] is in HubSpot already and it is free."

HubSpot Video requires the Professional version(s) of HubSpot or above. (not free)

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
gabriel-nextiny
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Correct. HubSpot Video is free for HubSpot Marketing, Sales, and Service customers at the Professional and Enterprise levels.

0 Upvotes