Blog, Website & Page Publishing

ozzge
Participant

Best practice for using brand domain, website page, landing page, blogs

Hello I've question about the best practice for using brand domain, website page, landing page, blogs.

Lets say our brand domain is "brandxx"

We have two pages: brandxx.co.uk & brandsxx.com

So do you think the structure below look okay?

website pages= brandxx.co.uk ( I'll host its blog under website pages too)

landing pages = brandxx.com

blog= brandxx.com

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
ozzge
Participant

We already have a local website with local domain co.uk. And we have great SEO rankings on it, so we don't want to lose it.

However we'll go global so that want to use "com" too at the same time.
@DavidDennison 

0 Upvotes
DavidDennison
Key Advisor

I'm a little confused. Why would your company want to have two seperate domains, with two seperate blogs? Do they sell completely different products and will they have completely different content? I may not  be understanding you correctly so a little bit of background information would help!

As @webdew mentioned you can just host the blogs on a sub domain or a subdirectory. However a subdirectory would be your best bet in terms of ranking and SEO. Because Google sees subdomains as a completely seperate entity that the parent domain. So any content and what not on the subdomain wont help the parent domains' SEO or domain authority.

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com
ozzge
Participant

Well actually I am going to use both of them but I am asking the Hubspot structre to use 

website pages= brandxx.co.uk ( I'll host its blog under website pages too)

landing pages = brandxx.com

blog= brandxx.com

do you thinks it work? @webdew 

0 Upvotes
LIcon

I am new here and would love to use the hubspot service and also wanna know some best advantages of using hubspot service so kindly guide  me about it.

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @ozzge ,

To begin .com and .co.uk are called top-level domains, or TLDs.  The only difference is .co.uk is country-specific or country code top-level domain. It attracts more regional traffic. You can find more information here: https://hostingdata.co.uk/com-vs-co-uk/. If you want international traffic, you should use .com.

For the blog page and landing page, you can either manage them on sub-domains or subdirectories. Read this blog for more information: https://www.semrush.com/blog/subdomain-vs-subdirectory/

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.