Blog, Website & Page Publishing

solask
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

Benefits of using HS own tools (blog & landing p.) vs. HubSpot scripts on existing CMS / blog platf.

resolver

Hi,

I have a very general question about using HubSpots own tools for publishing vs. using existing CMS/blog platform, and just implementing the HubSpot scripts. 

What are the main benefits, or arguments if you like, for using  HubSpots own tools?

I am not talking about the practical parts, which are obvious - one place to do all the work. 

What is not clear to me are the technical implications; ie. there might be better/uniform tracking with HS tools, and perhaps more filter/segment options in lists?

Another way to ask this is of course "what are you missing out on, if you only use the HS scripts on your existing web platforms"? 

Thanks!

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

Benefits of using HS own tools (blog & landing p.) vs. HubSpot scripts on existing CMS / blog platf.

resolver

>>"what are you missing out on, if you only use the HS scripts on your existing [non-HubSpot] web platforms?"

Loss of access to HubSpot Smart Content

- see Smart content | Frequently Asked Questions -- Can I use smart content on my external page?
- see Add smart content to your emails, website pages, landing pages, and templates

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
4 Respuestas 4
JWunLimited
Miembro

resolver

Thanks for the question and the answer - can I wade in and ask about lost SEO? So If I've built up some SEO equity on my blog - and then I move it over to Hubspot's tools - do I lose the SEO equity? Do the URLs change? And if I want to move away from HubSpot in a year or so, what happens to all the content I've built up on the HubSpot blog tool? Or am I still posting to my own blog just via HubSpot instead of direct? Not much information on this in the Academy which makes me think there's a downside! 

At the moment the plus side besides everything being in one place, is the ability to personalise (use smart content?) based on visitor attributes? 

0 Me gusta
MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

resolver

Welcome @JWunLimited ...

Your SEO-related questions may be better answered in their own threads. There has been much written in the community around moving to/from HubSpot, and HubSpot SEO in general.

That being said, moving to or from different platforms (HubSpot included) will always impact SEO in some way. Some platform specific and non-platform specific items that typically impact SEO during a move include -- e.g., subdomains vs subdirectories, schema, URL formatting, cannonicalization, page caching, content distribution network (CDN) configuration, accelarated mobile page (AMP) support, and compression just to name a few.

The HubSpot Academy is a great resource for HubSpot and digital marketing info in general.
- see SEO Training Course: Building Sustainable Traffic for Business Growth by Matthew Howells-Barby, Director of Acquisition at HubSpot

You'll find deeper insights in the HubSpot knowledge base, and answers for specific use case scenarios here in the community.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

>>"what are you missing out on, if you only use the HS scripts on your existing [non-HubSpot] web platforms?"

Loss of access to HubSpot Smart Content

- see Smart content | Frequently Asked Questions -- Can I use smart content on my external page?
- see Add smart content to your emails, website pages, landing pages, and templates

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
solask

resolver

Thanks Frank, that's a really good point, of course!