Benefits of using HS own tools (blog & landing p.) vs. HubSpot scripts on existing CMS / blog platf.

SOLVE
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have a very general question about using HubSpots own tools for publishing vs. using existing CMS/blog platform, and just implementing the HubSpot scripts. 

What are the main benefits, or arguments if you like, for using  HubSpots own tools?

I am not talking about the practical parts, which are obvious - one place to do all the work. 

What is not clear to me are the technical implications; ie. there might be better/uniform tracking with HS tools, and perhaps more filter/segment options in lists?

Another way to ask this is of course "what are you missing out on, if you only use the HS scripts on your existing web platforms"? 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Thought Leader

>>"what are you missing out on, if you only use the HS scripts on your existing [non-HubSpot] web platforms?"

Loss of access to HubSpot Smart Content

- see Smart content | Frequently Asked Questions -- Can I use smart content on my external page?
- see Add smart content to your emails, website pages, landing pages, and templates

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Community Thought Leader

>>"what are you missing out on, if you only use the HS scripts on your existing [non-HubSpot] web platforms?"

Loss of access to HubSpot Smart Content

- see Smart content | Frequently Asked Questions -- Can I use smart content on my external page?
- see Add smart content to your emails, website pages, landing pages, and templates

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Frank, that's a really good point, of course!