Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Pikealot

Avoid indexing/crawling of landing page

SOLVE

Hi, 

I just build my first landing page - yippie! 🙂

I want to use it only with a small email-campaign and avoid it to be listed in search results.

How do I avoid crawling/indexing?

I read that I should paste "<meta name="robots" content="noindex">" in the header, but where do I find the header for a hubspot landingpage?

The knowledge base indicates that there should be a section for advanced options which includes access to the additional code snippets in the header html, but I don't find this setting in my (free) account.

The only field I seem to have access to is the meta description, but I guess that is the wrong field?!

Thanks for your kind support,

cheers

Holger

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Pikealot,

Unfortunately, blocking landing pages from being indexed by search engines is only available in HubSpot Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise (according to this knowledge base article).

Below is the difference between what you're seeing and what you would see on a Professional or Enterprise subscription:

free.png starter-pro-or-enterprise.png

If you want those options, you would have to upgrade. (I don't know of any workarounds.)

If upgrading is not an option, maybe there are small changes you can make to the landing page that would also make it comprehensible for visitors finding the page through search engines?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Unfortunately seeing you are on the free plan, this is not possible because as you suggest it would require editing the page header. The most you can do to try and keep it not indexed is to not link to it from outside of your email so Google does not try to crawl to it or nofollow any links that go to that page.  The latter is more risky as bad search engines that don't follow rules could eventually pick up your page.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Mannitgon

SOLVE

If javascript runs, you can create <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow"> and paste it into your head.

Pikealot

SOLVE

Ok, thanks guys!

Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Unfortunately seeing you are on the free plan, this is not possible because as you suggest it would require editing the page header. The most you can do to try and keep it not indexed is to not link to it from outside of your email so Google does not try to crawl to it or nofollow any links that go to that page.  The latter is more risky as bad search engines that don't follow rules could eventually pick up your page.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Pikealot,

Unfortunately, blocking landing pages from being indexed by search engines is only available in HubSpot Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise (according to this knowledge base article).

Below is the difference between what you're seeing and what you would see on a Professional or Enterprise subscription:

free.png starter-pro-or-enterprise.png

If you want those options, you would have to upgrade. (I don't know of any workarounds.)

If upgrading is not an option, maybe there are small changes you can make to the landing page that would also make it comprehensible for visitors finding the page through search engines?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.