Blog, Website & Page Publishing

RMilner4
Participant

Audio Version of Blog Posts?

Hi! 👋

Has anyone ever added an audio option to their blog posts hosted in HubSpot? Ideally, we'd like to have an embedded player listed at the top of our posts in case our website visitors want to listen instead of reading. 

Let me know if anyone has done this, either via a HubSpot-compatible app or something else! Thanks so much! 🙂

13 Replies 13
RomanGruit
Top Contributor

Hi @RMilner4 

I’m excited to announce that we opened our HubSpot integration to public testing.

It automatically converts your blog posts to audio files and installs an audio player on each page. If you’re interested, you can try it by following the link https://voice.kohorta.co

Also, you can book some time with me. I'll show you the integration and help to install it on your portal. Here is the link https://meetings.hubspot.com/roman-kozak

0 Upvotes
PSM
Contributor

I have it loaded in demo mode in a Blog in edit mode. How do I remove it when I decide I don't want it?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
RomanGruit
Top Contributor

You can uninstall the "traditional way" by navigating to the integrations page in your portal.
Or you can contact me, and I will disable it more cleanly.

0 Upvotes
PSM
Contributor

I added it to a blog and it has the player with the demo audio in it. I published and still have the demo audio. Is it possible to test how it actually reads the blog?

0 Upvotes
RomanGruit
Top Contributor

Hey @PSM,

I've checked your account. It seems that the Voice installation wasn't finished. 

Here is what needs to be done to activate integration fully:
1. Log in to Voice.
2. Navigate to https://voice.kohorta.co/onboarding 
3. Choose colors for your portal and activate the player for public display on your blog post pages. 

We can set up a call and do it together if you want. It is free. 
Here is my calendar where you can book some time with me
https://meetings.hubspot.com/roman-kozak 

0 Upvotes
DeanFrazier
Contributor

Very simple player module that you can create and add then add the module to your blog-post.html file. Style at your leisure. 

HTML:

{# Create two fields #}
{# One field is a file selector for the audio file #}
{# The other field is rich text so that viewers know what the audio player is for. #}
{# The if statement checks for a file and does not show if there isn't one #}
{% if module.audio_file %}
<div class="audio-player">
    <div>  
    {{ module.richtext_field }}
    <audio controls>
      <source src={{ module.audio_file }} type="audio/mpeg"> 
    </audio>
    </div>
</div>
{% endif %}

CSS (for centering the player):

.audio-player {
  display: flex;
  align-items: center;
  justify-content: center;
}

0 Upvotes
DeanFrazier
Contributor

Great idea RMilner4!

This is for sure a growing trend that hubspot should be looking into. I'm surprised that hubspot does not have a simple audio player module that could be inserted all content.

RomanGruit
Top Contributor

Hey @RMilner4,

We are working on a such kind of integration. 

Here is a demo page with an audio player where you can listen to a blog post instead of reading it. 

Do you think you might use it?
RMilner4
Participant

Hi! Ooo I like it! Yes, we might use that! Any more details you can share as far as a timeline & how we could implement this on our blog? Thank you!!

RomanGruit
Top Contributor

@RMilner4 Everything(player installation, voice generation, updates) is automatic. 
We just need 2-3 weeks to finish the integration.

If you want, we can set up a call. I'll show you everything. 

0 Upvotes
RMilner4
Participant

That would be great! We'd love to see it all! Could you send over some dates/times that would work for you? I'd love to meet & have our web developer be a part as well! (rebecca.milner@thecrossingchurch.com)

0 Upvotes
RomanGruit
Top Contributor

Of course. I've sent you a letter. Please book some time with me following the link in the letter. 

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @RMilner4 ,

For now, HubSpot does not have the ability to insert an audio player where visitors can click on the audio button to play out everything within the blog post.

I look at our integration as well, but currently, HubSpot does not support that too. If you know of any integration that can perform the above action, you can try to search for it within the app marketplace. If not, you would have to get a web developer to build them a custom integration.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.