Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Harry_H
Participante

Anyone using Prismic or other headless CMS?

resolver

Hello HubSpot Community - 

We're new to HubSpot, so I have a lot to learn, so I hope I'm not asking a basic question.  We currently use Wordpress for our website but are contemplating using a headless CMS such as Prismic or Contentful.  I haven't been able to find much information about how HubSpot's tracking code works with a headless CMS, especially when serving dynamic content through the templates.

Anyone out there using a headless CMS?  If so, what are the benefits and challenges?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Ben_M
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

The Hubspot tracking code likely won't live in your CMS with those solutions because they are not storing the display of your website. What you are looking at is more of a repository of the data to distribute the content to platforms. I was able to find information about this in the Prismic help articles ( https://user-guides.prismic.io/en/articles/2861811-google-analytics-and-third-party-services-with-pr... ).  I would just setup your Hubspot code to fire in a tag manager container like Google Tag Manager and execute scripts as you need them in your web containers.

Even if you were using a traditional CMS like Wordpress I would recommend the same thing because the last thing you want to do is integrate your scripts too tightly into your template/system because if you change services, make updates, etc. it becomes time consuming to keep track of everything that is included and this is specifically what tag management is for.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
Ben_M
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

The Hubspot tracking code likely won't live in your CMS with those solutions because they are not storing the display of your website. What you are looking at is more of a repository of the data to distribute the content to platforms. I was able to find information about this in the Prismic help articles ( https://user-guides.prismic.io/en/articles/2861811-google-analytics-and-third-party-services-with-pr... ).  I would just setup your Hubspot code to fire in a tag manager container like Google Tag Manager and execute scripts as you need them in your web containers.

Even if you were using a traditional CMS like Wordpress I would recommend the same thing because the last thing you want to do is integrate your scripts too tightly into your template/system because if you change services, make updates, etc. it becomes time consuming to keep track of everything that is included and this is specifically what tag management is for.

Harry_H
Participante

resolver

Thank you, Ben!  I'm still trying to wrap my head around a headless CMS (I'm more on the social media and content-development side), and your reply helped me understand a few concepts more clearly.

I appreciate the link.  I looked on the Prismic site, but wasn't asking the right question.

0 Me gusta