Blog, Website & Page Publishing

ChristinaPeng
Participante

Anyone else struggling to get organic blog traffic with use of subdomain?

resolver

I've now encountered a few instances where a blog that is hosted or migrated to blog subdomain in Hubspot will more or less flop.

From a content standpoint, the blogs can do with more improvement but nothing seriously wrong there. At least nothing that could warrant absolutely 0 organic traffic. 

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

I've been looking into it recently and suspect there might be structural issues with having a subdomain for a blog as well as trouble getting authority with Google. Half of the new blogs weren't even indexed by Google - though we still can't determine what the reason for this would be.

If anyone has gone through something similar and can offer some advice, that would be greatly appreciated!

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

Lot's of feedback on this topic. Some old and some new, but basically leans towards subdirectory.

- see Subdomain vs Subdirectory - SEO and Rankings

- see Experiences: Host blog on a subdomain or a subdirectory?

- see Subfolder vs. Subdomain

- see Hosting HubSpot blogs in a subdirectory of an external root-domain

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Exibir solução no post original

Phil_DM2
Solução
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hello, 

Our company has also been struggling with growing our organic traffic for our blog. It's tough to say if using a subdomain is the primary issue though. For instance, one of our clients also uses a subdomain, but they have been receiving outstanding organic traffic from their blog for the past year. 

I've seen a few articles before that mention a subdomain can hinder SEO (I'm still not sure if this is 100% factual though) but there could be some underlying factors that are keeping your blogs from being viewed as credible sources through Google. 

One of the suggestions we've been given was to look into updating our topic clusters/pillar pages. Our client has a good amount of lengthy, content-heavy pages to use, which has helped build their authority in search engines. Meanwhile, our own traffic is struggling because we are currently lacking strong pillar pages. Has your company reviewed its pillar pages and clusters recently? 

I'm sorry if this doesn't quite answer your question, but I do think looking into the way you're connecting your blog pages and setting up pillars could be helpful!   

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
Phil_DM2
Solução

resolver

Hello, 

Our company has also been struggling with growing our organic traffic for our blog. It's tough to say if using a subdomain is the primary issue though. For instance, one of our clients also uses a subdomain, but they have been receiving outstanding organic traffic from their blog for the past year. 

I've seen a few articles before that mention a subdomain can hinder SEO (I'm still not sure if this is 100% factual though) but there could be some underlying factors that are keeping your blogs from being viewed as credible sources through Google. 

One of the suggestions we've been given was to look into updating our topic clusters/pillar pages. Our client has a good amount of lengthy, content-heavy pages to use, which has helped build their authority in search engines. Meanwhile, our own traffic is struggling because we are currently lacking strong pillar pages. Has your company reviewed its pillar pages and clusters recently? 

I'm sorry if this doesn't quite answer your question, but I do think looking into the way you're connecting your blog pages and setting up pillars could be helpful!   

MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

Lot's of feedback on this topic. Some old and some new, but basically leans towards subdirectory.

- see Subdomain vs Subdirectory - SEO and Rankings

- see Experiences: Host blog on a subdomain or a subdirectory?

- see Subfolder vs. Subdomain

- see Hosting HubSpot blogs in a subdirectory of an external root-domain

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com