Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Miina

Adding a time stamp for blog post template

SOLVE

How can I add a time stamp to my blog post template? Right now we don't have any time stamp in our posts so the users doesn't know when the post has been published.

Thank you for any help 🙂

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Miina Adding the Content Publish Date is a matter of adding the following HUBL token in the correct place in the Blog template:

{{ content.publish_date|datetimeformat('%B %e, %Y') }}

Your blog template can be reached by editing a blog post, selecting Settings, scrolling down to Advanced Options and clicking on the template name. 

Once inside the template, you can select the Edit Post Template tab in the Blog Content module. After opening Blog post editor you can search Written by to find a good spot to add the date token above.

In your case, I was ready to add the code above in the correct place, but I noticed that someone in your portal has made changes but have yet to update. I didn't want to update without your permission. It appears that a different user has set up this template and actively been making changes to it (Click View Revisions und the Actions tab to see the user changes).

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Miina Adding the Content Publish Date is a matter of adding the following HUBL token in the correct place in the Blog template:

{{ content.publish_date|datetimeformat('%B %e, %Y') }}

Your blog template can be reached by editing a blog post, selecting Settings, scrolling down to Advanced Options and clicking on the template name. 

Once inside the template, you can select the Edit Post Template tab in the Blog Content module. After opening Blog post editor you can search Written by to find a good spot to add the date token above.

In your case, I was ready to add the code above in the correct place, but I noticed that someone in your portal has made changes but have yet to update. I didn't want to update without your permission. It appears that a different user has set up this template and actively been making changes to it (Click View Revisions und the Actions tab to see the user changes).

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution