Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Holy

Add categories for the Blog

SOLVE

Hello 

I would like to ask where categories can be created for the Blog section so that they can be assigned according to the article.

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @Holy

HubSpot's COS blogging platform makes it easy for you to manage blog posts by subject matter with tags. A tag is a small text snippet appended to an article. These topics can be shared across blog articles to help group similar content. You can even add a module to your templates to link to your blog tag pages.

To access your blog tag list:

• Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Content > Blog.
  • Click the Tags link in the left-hand navigation area.

The tags dashboard allows you to quickly see what tags you have, how many times they've been used, and how many published posts have been tagged. This dashboard also allows you to create new tags via the Add new tag button, group similar topics together, or to create a new blog post.

To add an existing tag to an article or to create a new tag from within an article:

• Hover over the blog post you'd like to edit and click Edit.
  • In the blog post editor, click Settings and locate theTags field.
  • In that field, you may see tags you have already selected as well as a dropdown menu to select more of your tags.
  • To create a new tag, begin typing your tag in that field. Click the blue bar below, Create new tag: [name of your new tag].
  • Don't forget to Save the draft or Update the changes made to your blog post.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
KZajac

SOLVE

OK, so, I contacted Hubspot's support and it transpired that TAGS and CATEGORIES are actually .... the same concept in their system. Despite various articles implying otherwise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So, once you've added your tags, they will show up as categories on your blog home page.

wmbutler
Participant

SOLVE

Not according to their API to GET posts. In the API response for one of my posts, the subcategory="normal_blog_post" while the tag comes across as a number and that number corresponds to a tag that I created called "New Feature". So, once again, Hubspot..... jeez.

KZajac

SOLVE

Unfortunately, the above answers aren't the solution to the question asked... I have the same problem.

The question was about Categories and not Tags.

Does anyone know how to add them?

I can't seem to find where to do it.

Thanks 😉

roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @Holy

HubSpot's COS blogging platform makes it easy for you to manage blog posts by subject matter with tags. A tag is a small text snippet appended to an article. These topics can be shared across blog articles to help group similar content. You can even add a module to your templates to link to your blog tag pages.

To access your blog tag list:

• Click the Tags link in the left-hand navigation area.

The tags dashboard allows you to quickly see what tags you have, how many times they've been used, and how many published posts have been tagged. This dashboard also allows you to create new tags via the Add new tag button, group similar topics together, or to create a new blog post.

To add an existing tag to an article or to create a new tag from within an article:

• Hover over the blog post you'd like to edit and click Edit.
  • In the blog post editor, click Settings and locate theTags field.
  • In that field, you may see tags you have already selected as well as a dropdown menu to select more of your tags.
  • To create a new tag, begin typing your tag in that field. Click the blue bar below, Create new tag: [name of your new tag].
  • Don't forget to Save the draft or Update the changes made to your blog post.

solla
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi roisinkirby!
The issue here is that when you use a TAG, hubspot adds the word TAG to the URL. This hurts SEO. Google has now started removing content with "tag" in the URL. Is there a workaround for this?

0 Upvotes
LSiddons

SOLVE

The answer is about creating TAGS, not categories. According to this article, they are not the same thing: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/blog-category

egonzalez
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Is there a way to group contents recommended by tags?

What I am looking for is to make MOFU, TOFU and BOFU labels, not to show them to the user, but rather to use them to show recommended post with HubL, is this possible?

What I want to achieve is that if the user is in a BOFU note, they only appear as recommendations at the end of the post, plus BOFU notes.

filipfisher
Participant

SOLVE

hey, did you ever solved this, I am trying to figure this out:  MOFU, TOFU and BOFU labels, not to show them to the user,

0 Upvotes
Holy

SOLVE

thanks you 

0 Upvotes