Blog, Website & Page Publishing

justinpeterson1

404 Error Caused by Old Account

SOLVE

Hi all,

We're no longer using HubSpot, but our old pages that were created in HubSpot are now generating 404 errors in Moz. I can't login to the marketing module in HubSpot now that we are no longer a customer. How do I redirtect these pages without access to them?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @justinpeterson1,

The appropriate redirects will take place on the new platform, not HubSpot.

So if you've migrated everything to WordPress, you would create 301 redirects within WordPress which look for the old URLs and point them to new ones.

If you were using a subdomain on HubSpot, you'll need something to catch that web traffic as well and redirect it accordingly. That could be setting up a WordPress site that merely exists for redirecting or depending on your host, adding that subdomain to your hosting platform of your main site and continuing with the redirects as mentioned above.

Let me know if you'd like to chat about this. It's something we've done in the past.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @justinpeterson1,

The appropriate redirects will take place on the new platform, not HubSpot.

So if you've migrated everything to WordPress, you would create 301 redirects within WordPress which look for the old URLs and point them to new ones.

If you were using a subdomain on HubSpot, you'll need something to catch that web traffic as well and redirect it accordingly. That could be setting up a WordPress site that merely exists for redirecting or depending on your host, adding that subdomain to your hosting platform of your main site and continuing with the redirects as mentioned above.

Let me know if you'd like to chat about this. It's something we've done in the past.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
justinpeterson1

SOLVE

Thanks, Josh. I'll speak with our developers about this solution. I appreciate the feedback.

0 Upvotes