Blog, Website & Page Publishing

mojujube

403 errors for old blog post after blog migration to WP

SOLVE

We migrated our blog from Hubspot to WP several months ago. During some recent SEO work, we've found numerous links with 403 error. Links are to old blog post. Need some help with redirecting these to our new WP links....we're no longer using Hubspot so we can't access these. 

Example of one link: insights.XXX.com/case-study-big-idaho-potato-big-apple

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mojujube

My assumption is becuase the DNS for the insights domain still points at HubSpot's servers, where this is no web content any more?

You would probably have to change the DNS records for the domain to point to the new location and/or create 301 redirection rules for the broken links pointing them to a new desintation. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @mojujube

My assumption is becuase the DNS for the insights domain still points at HubSpot's servers, where this is no web content any more?

You would probably have to change the DNS records for the domain to point to the new location and/or create 301 redirection rules for the broken links pointing them to a new desintation. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
mojujube

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender, thank you very much for your suggestions here. We're going to check on this today. I hope it's as easy as this! 

Best,

Jaime 

0 Upvotes