Super Admins Assemble!

ASykes
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Super Admins Assemble!

Hi HubSpotters 🙂,

My name is Alice Sykes and I am a Product Manager working with a focus on helping our admins (or anyone that has to perform admin duties) troubleshoot and audit their portals so they can confidently anticipate, diagnose, and resolve portal issues.

With this in mind:

• What are the top one or two pain points you experience from an admin point of view in the portal when it comes to troubleshooting?
  • What would you love to have as a product feature that would make your role as an admin using HubSpot easier?

Please share your feedback in this thread so we can learn from your experience, improve the features and expand on them in the way that makes the most sense to you.

Thank you so much for your time and willingness to help.

Alice

22 Replies 22
Timothy-Hanlon
Participant

Super Admins Assemble!

Hi Alice, 

There are two main pain points for me: 

• Contacts being automatically created from conversations. This adds useless clutter to the CRM. 
  • Super admin rights are required to edit customised quote templates. We've created a series of quote templates that allow our sales team to deeply customise the quotes we generate for our clients. However, to edit the template, our sales team need super admin rights. This is not ideal as it allows them to accidentally (or maliciously) fiddle with settings and data they should not have access to. 

In terms of product features I'd like to see, I'd really like to be able to audit and edit our users' profiles. Just basic stuff like their profile pic, phone number, and email signature would be useful. The latter especially can be intimidating for many users; even if I send them the pre-formatted HTML markup, finding and updating the signature field does not come easily for many of our less tech-savvy users. 

0 Upvotes
ASykes
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Super Admins Assemble!

Hi Super Admins :👋

Just wanted to share a new feature that just moved into public beta: Centralised Audit Log of User Actions

Enterprise tier Super Admins can view a centralised audit log of their users’ actions such as:

• who deleted X record?   

• who changed Y asset?   

CTA
Any and all feedback, such as any actions not yet covered in the Audit Log, please tell us using the purple feedback button at the bottom right when viewing the Audit Log - it comes directly to our team building out this feature

😀

callie
Contributor

Super Admins Assemble!

hey, @ParkerShort ! was reading through these suggestions and wanted to call out yours to "require associated items on a deal to move forward." We ran into this same issue and to solve, we have a "number of associated contacts" and "number of associated companies" calculated property on the Deal level. Since calculated fields can't be in the stage-change requirements, we run a WF to flag a simple Yes/No property to tell us if required associations are made. That simple Yes/No field is also read-only for non Super Admins, but a required stage-change field, meaning, a Sales Rep would be blocked from moving the Deal between stages without ensuring the associations are made (since they also cannot manually select a response). Hope that may be helpful!

0 Upvotes
Makinnatraylor
Participant

Super Admins Assemble!

First off, HubSpot has made leaps over the last year in ease of use for admins, workflows, and reporting, so major kudos. We do still have a few struggle points. Just for reference, we use all hubs and are enterprise across the board.

- Better sandbox update method to match the current environment

- More control over auto associations - We are a B2B business that deals with buyers, sometimes the buyers have multiple open deals and the email traffic gets cluttered on the deal pages from auto associations. We are now struggling with some of the auto associations coming from the conversations box. Ideally being able to set them at the object level.

-Cleaner, more user-friendly way to set, and clean up notifications - I find we are almost always having to go in and configure notification settings for our users.

-It isn't relevant to us now, but as we were scaling up, the test portal @JenBergren mentioned would be awesome. It was tough doing the trials while we were actively using the product.

AAdair
Participant

Super Admins Assemble!

• Granular control of replies and auto replies unenrolling from sequences - OOOs inconsistently unenrolling and simple questions or thank you replies unenroll but that should end a sequence
  • list membership active for workflows - static is limiting 
  • Seeing very inconsistent numbers in reports and two admins QCing filters unable to solve. If we pull same criteria in a list and a report the numbers are different. We will see form fill notifications for leads and in such a simple report to pull leads by week some accounts aren't showing. We will have outbound SDRs show activity when they haven't completed 1:1 activity that day. Very strange data refresh and filtering issues that cause a lack of trust in the data.
AAdair
Participant

Super Admins Assemble!

• Ability to clone tickets
  • Custom CTA type for text not just phone
  • granular api call reports and details 
  • Ability to load a list without importing contacts just to use as a lookup to recon if folks are in the database eg crash attendee lists against records to identify target accounts; work around a aren't super clean approach bc don't like loading data in even if marked non marketing for data integrity
  • Ability to disable people booking on 15 min increments from mtg links eg can't book at 12:45 must book at 12:30 or 1:00
  • Limit amount of calls can be booked in a day mtg links
  • more flexibility to edit meeting links once published and clone ability 
0 Upvotes
ParkerShort
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Super Admins Assemble!

A few ideas that come to mind:

- ability to re-assign/manage views. I've run across issues where I need to delete a property, but a stray view from someone else won't let me. I'd like to customize which views are official vs. team vs. personal. Ideally an admin could publish them into the same column as the right one

- ability to see the last time a dashboard/report was used/viewed

- ability to more easily see which notification preferences are applied, and an ability to roll these out to more people more quickly. Maybe they can control which medium they are notified in, but we should be able to see which notifications they recieve. 

- import templates/presets - if we have external data we import regularly, it'd be great to select a preset that automatically connects specific headers to specific mappings

- conversation inboxes should default to private/team. Every time one of these is connected, everyone on the team starts getting notifications

- a better way to set required deal stages (the current UI gets hard to use beyond 15 required fields. I wrote about this here)

- a better way to test out team visibility/view permissions. Logging in as a user helps, but it'd be great to just immediately see some stats like "this will limit this user to only viewing 15 contacts". There needs to be a better way to limiting permissions and object visibility than the trial and error processes

- require associated items on a deal to move forward

- ability to upload records and create associations based off of external IDs (you can create an external ID currently, but you can't create a relationship from it)

- the ability to create associations via workflow/automation

- required fields on custom object pipelines

- The ability to filter on which users are active (this is not an option and it blows my mind)

- calculated properties on products

- the ability to create multiple price properties on a product in a single currency (to support direct prices compared to channel prices, etc.)

- The ability to customize the stats at the top of the line item editor/quote builder

- Uniform features between the line item and quote builder

- The ability to restrict discounts across the entire quote

- The ability to restrict discounts altogether (or only allow a certain percentage based on roles)

- multiple people can approve a quote (you can hack this, but it should be a standard feature)

I think most of those are fairly "admin-y". Happy to answer any questions.

0 Upvotes
ParkerShort

Super Admins Assemble!

apologies - I see I skipped right over the part about one or two! I'd go with pipeline required properties improvements and the ability to filter users. 

0 Upvotes
JenBergren
Guide

Super Admins Assemble!

Access to a test portal that has all levels of all Hubs where we can test new features. This would help admins know if increasing their hubspot plan to pro or enterprise, or buying a new hub, will solve their need.

I know this is avilable to partners but more admins than partner teams would benefit from it!
I also know there is a workaround to use a developer portal for a short time, but a clearer way would be helpful.

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin
ASykes
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Super Admins Assemble!

Hi Super Admins!

We recently released a feature that allows you to view historical permissions for your users: who changed them and when. 

Would love to hear any feedback on this first iteration. If you have any please reply on this post's thread (rather than the original post) or you can also email me directly asykes@hubspot.com

😊

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/view-user-permissions-history

JenniferErena
Contributor

Super Admins Assemble!

Always good to be able to investigate what users do!  

0 Upvotes
DBrandl6
Participant

Super Admins Assemble!

Would be great to have full access to features on behalf of a licenced sales user:
e.g. create meeting links, snippets and other sales licence specific features.

The current setup makes it really difficult to support non-technical users.

JenniferErena
Contributor

Super Admins Assemble!

I agree, being able to create meeting links for other users has been very helpful - allows for consistency and the ability to create workflows based on how the meeting link was setup.  

0 Upvotes
mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Super Admins Assemble!

I often have to clean up properties It would be nice to be able to see which properties are un-used either at a glance or via excel. 

Then it would be great to be able to bulk delete, bulk update or bulk create properties. 

AlishaV
Contributor

Super Admins Assemble!

We need to be able to personalize calls to action rather than having to create a smart version. For example, insert advisor meeting links into big, eye-catching call to action and need to go in and create lists and smart rules inside the CTA everytime we have a staff change, which is often. Simple personalization based on contact record ownership would be soooo much easier and lead to less errors. 

hannahflat
Contributor

Super Admins Assemble!

We need the log in as other users feature available on other plans and not just enterprise. This would be so valuable for my team. 

JenniferErena
Contributor

Super Admins Assemble!

Yes, I love 'teaching how to fish', but with some users who could care less about being app-saavy, it's such a time waster.  Just going it ourselves makes for more consistency and less bugging users to set things up the way it's needed. 

0 Upvotes
ewade
Participant

Super Admins Assemble!

• Levels on Admins - The ability to have multiple levels of Admins, give permissions on certain items.
  • We live in a remote world now, the ability to be able to log in as a user would resolve many issues
  • More customizations allowed and not locked by HubSpot

SComeau
Top Contributor

Super Admins Assemble!

If you have Enterprise you can now log in as other users as a Super Admin! I have found this feature game changing for me!! https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-in-as-another-hubspot-user

AlishaV
Contributor

Super Admins Assemble!

I am so beyond thrilled about this!!! This will make my job so much easier for training, troubleshooting, helping people set up contact views and meetings links, and understanding view and access issues. This made my month.  Thank you for letting me/us know.