Cookie Blocking Beta - not turning on

FKalinke

Cookie blocking is not working. The scan has worked and I've pasted the cookie scanning script as per the instructions on this page https://knowledge.hubspot.com/privacy-and-consent/scan-and-block-cookies

However when I go to 'Manage Cookie Blocking' by clicking the button it just gives me the cookie banning script that I've already added to my website. It doesn't give this image :-

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/hs-fs/hubfs/Knowledge_Base_2021/turn-off-cookie-tracking.png?width=105...

Can anyone help?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
radapop
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @FKalinke! Is it possible that those cookies are categorized as 'Necessary' within the cookie scanner tool? Any cookies categorized as 'Necessary' will always fire even if the consent banner is declined (more details).

0 Upvotes
radapop
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @FKalinke! Thanks for posting in the Community. My name is Rada and I'm the PM for HubSpot's cookie management tools.

The image from this section of the KB article refers only to blocking cookies on HubSpot-hosted websites.

When blocking cookies on an externally-hosted website (as you have done), users will always see the following when clicking the 'Manage cookie blocking' button:

radapop_0-1679563218850.png

This image above does not update once you've added the blocking script to your website - it will always remain the same for any externally-hosted domains.

0 Upvotes
FKalinke

Thanks Rada for the clarification.

We still see GA_ cookies dropped before choosing to accept or reject, and they remain after declining.

The developers have implemented the cookie banner and cookie blocking as instructed (pasting it at the top of the <head>). Are there additional things they need to do to it?

Thanks

Frederic

0 Upvotes
jjones41
Contributor

Would be interseted in any follow up on this. The current documentation is a little unclear as it says GTM and GA cookies can only be managed via integrations, but it also seems to indicate this beta feature may be able to handle them. In my testing, it seems to be handling them just fine. Is that everyone else's experience, too?

0 Upvotes