Alpha for Email Reply Tracking

jaleonard19
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

HubSpot is in the process of rolling out Email Reply Tracking per this community post. This community post is for any customers who are participating in that Alpha to leave feedback.

0 Avaliação positiva
8 Respostas 8
TiffanySkye
Participante

Will the replies be considered along with opens/clicks towards the email performance itself? I think in our case we'll see people replying more often than clicking. I want to be sure that is considered in our sender score and email performance in general.

0 Avaliação positiva
jaleonard19

The following global reply properties all went live today:

• First marketing email reply date
  • Last marketing email reply date
  • Marketing emails replied
0 Avaliação positiva
jaleonard19

Hi folks we have added per email contact properties that can be used in lists, & workflows. 

We are adding the following global reply properties now as well: 

first_reply_timestamp, last_reply_timestamp, marketing_email_replies (count of mkt email replies)

You may already see these in your HubSpot account as contact properties. But they are not yet being updated. We should have something out by the end of the week to start actually populating these properties

0 Avaliação positiva
andrew_thomas
Participante

Excited to be a part of the testing for this. I have some workflows that trigger if someone has not taken an action (e.g. placed an order). I went in to add a step for "Has not placed an order AND has not replied," but I see that the criteria is only "Has replied." I rebuilt my conditionals, but it would be ideal to be able to use the condition "has not replied." in the future. 

If that's not possible, another option would be to move all downstream workflow conditions to a new branch, but I was only able to do that one action at a time, and the additional downstream conditionals couldn't be moved to another branch. Hopefully this makes sense.  

0 Avaliação positiva
Acoolidge
Participante

I am very excited to be part of this beta. We do a lo conversational email marketing and automated workflows in our organization and get hundreds of replies a month. Having a way to track that in Hubspot is very helpful. As others have said, the biggest limitation at the moment is being unable to have a contact property(ies) for replys. This would enable me to trigger workflows, branches in existing workflows, and smart lists based on replies to specific emails, date of most recent reply, or total number of replies sent by the contact. These properties would be tremendous. 

In the meantime, I am now using the top-level reply report to track how many replies we are getting month-to-month. 

tsveti_petrova
Participante

I'm pretty impressed by this Alpha stage and I'm super excited that now I can easily see contact who have replied to our marketing e-mails 😎

When talking about reporting on e-mail campaign performance, it might be beneficial to have in each e-mail reporting tab a section about e-mail replies (aggregated view - # of e-mails replies which we now have + a snapshot of all the replies + how our team responded to them). My reasoning is that otherwise you have to open each contact's page and look for that specific reply.

Thanks,

Tsveti 

zking
Participante

Never posted on a fresh board before!

Two initial points of feedback as I'm digging into this alpha: 

1. Would be helpful to have a way to see all users that have connected their email inboxes. 
    • We do a lot of emailign on behalf of our users so at the moment we don't have a way to confirm that all users have their inboxes connected without reaching out individually to each one
  2. Would be helpful to have a set of Contact properties that track the first and last marketing email reply date like there is for marketing email sends / opens / clicks
    • There are several use cases where we want to enroll / reenroll contacts in a workflow when they reply to a marketing email and I can't currently see a simple way to do this
    • The options under the "Marketing emails" filter in workflows forces you to select a specific emails before you cna select whether a contact replied to it which means we'd need to create a giant enrollement trigger if we want to enroll a contact if they replied to any marketing email
      • + we wouldn't be able to reenroll

Thanks!

jaleonard19

Thank you for the Feedback @zking both of those are on our radar. The 2nd one (updates to contact properties)  will be a bit easier for us to tackle in the short term. But we are evaluating both. I will update here once we have more specifics on timing.