Support Resources

Internal Knowledge Base

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Joined February-2017

Digital Sales Team Process Development. What's your process?

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Recently I've been speaking with a number of clients who are looking to educate their sales teams as to how to drive more value from the CRM and channels such as LinkedIn (and tying this data back to the CRM).

I thought I'd share this recently blog post on the topic:

http://blog.strategic-ic.co.uk/digital-salesperson-2017

The post is, of course, specific to our business, but I thought it interesting to share my real world perspective.

I'm keen to hear about any challenges you have in developing a process for your sales teams, or if you have any really solid strategies that have delivered improved reporting (using the sales dashboards), lead prioritisation (and scoring), or other?

4 REPLIES
Community Manager
Joined October-2016

Re: Digital Sales Team Process Development. What's your process?

Thanks for sharing @FesAskari_SIC Smiley Happy

One of our resident HubSpo Sales experts here is @kcooper, I thought I'd loop her in to share her two cents. @kcooper, how are your team/business developed it's strategy?

Róisín Kirby (Ró)
HubSpot Community Manager
Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
0 Kudos
Advisor
Joined October-2016

Hey @FesAskari_SIC thanks for sharing!

I'd be interested to know what you think should be factored when you are developing your buyer personas? Industry / Age / Interests? How specific should these personas be, or should they be more high level?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Joined February-2017

[ Edited ]

Hi,

When it comes to persona development it's important to use real data and not just 'gut feel' for who makes up a good-fit lead.

Look at your existing customers that fit the profile a good lead (e.g. profitable, high LTV etc.) and then understand what information you can pull in about their company and contact profile. 

You can also use 3rd party data sources - search and social data - to help build out buyer behaviour and interest models.

Speak with your front line colleagues - sales, customer services/success and others - find out what your good fit customers really think.

Have a look at our blog post on this: http://blog.strategic-ic.co.uk/data-backed-buyer-persona-development.

The more detail you have the better you can inform:

1. Content topic hubs
  2. Content titles and chapters
  3. Content promotion channels
  4. Channel promotion messages

And more! Back up any gut feel with data as much as possible to ensure ROI and campaign success. 

Joined October-2016

Hey @FesAskari_SIC, thanks for sharing your insight. These are some great ideas.