Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Joined December-2016

Buyer Persona Management

[ Edited ]

I have a pretty simple persona/nurture program in place. I identify personas for new leads based on role/title (from a form) and then assign a persona. Based on the persona, the lead is assigned to a persona-specific workflow (HR, Finance, IT, etc.) that sends content specific to how that persona would use our product. Pretty simple.

We are now also targeting based on industry and I want to provide content that's both role and industry specific. For instance, I want to develop a workflow for Finance in Pharmaceuticals. I figure I have three options:

1. Keep the Finnce persona/workflow as it is but use dynamic content in the email (e.g. If persona = Finance and Industry = Pharmaceuticals show X content instead of default Finance content).
  2. Create a new persona/workflow entirely for Finance Pro in Pharma.
  3. Add an If/Then to the Finance workflow that separates out Pharma leads into their own nurture path.

There are probably a few more options, but those were the options I came up with. Has anyone else tried to do something like this? What was your solution? What were the pros/cons?

4 REPLIES
Esteemed Contributor
Joined December-2016

Re: Nurture/Persona Management

@mikeraia,

I think I would lean towards option 2, just to be sure your messages are relevant as possible. I feel like you might have just as much time and effort with 1, trying to keep relevance, but it may not resonate as well with the different audiences.

That's just my 2 cents...hope it helps! I'd be curious to hear what you determine as the final solution and how it works out.

Josh

Josh Curcio
Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Visitor
Joined March-2017

I just became a HubSpot paid (sales) member on the 15th.  I have been using the free version for a few months.  I have a follow up question (keep in mind I am new at this so I apologize if this is too basic of a question).  

I imported the database of about 1,000 CIOs (all from higher education industry which would be my prospective B2B clients).  I also started to add IT consultants in the same system.  So I created for now a "Contact Type" of CIO, Consultant - Technical, and Consultant -Functional.  I figure this way I can break my searches out this way.  

So my question would be would it be better if instead I used the fields you are using?  

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Joined December-2016

It sounds like you have three different personas. I just used Hubspot's built in Persona field for it but I suppose it acts about the same way as your "Contact Type" field. I just liked that using Personas lets you define a bunch of persona-related attributes to help define them.

0 Kudos
Visitor
Joined March-2017

Thanks for the info.  I wasn't aware that  a build in field already existed (Persona).   Going to look for it and start using it since it is build in and I am sure queries are setup around it possibly.

0 Kudos