My name is Deb Calvert, Inbound Sales Influencer, Ask Me Anything!
9 14, 2017 8:10 AM
Hi, my name is Deb Calvert. I'm the author of DISCOVER Questions® Get You Connected (named one of "The Top 20 Most Highly-Rated Sales Books of All Time" by HubSpot) and of the new book, Stop Selling & Start Leading (to be released early 2018). I conduct research with buyers and provide field coaching and training to sales professionals. I teach the Sales Development Principles course at UC-Berkeley, and I'm here to answer your questions about sales behaviors that buyers prefer and respond to. We'll leave the tech and platform questions to the experts at HubSpot, but you can ask me anything about sales, buyers' preferences, and inbound strategies. If I don't know the answer, I'll find it for you! Between the AMA sessions, post questions for me here & I'll get back to you one way or another.
This AMA will take place over the next three weeks, encompassing my live session at INBOUND. I will be answering your questions live on the following dates:
- Thursday 21st September @ 11:00-noon eastern time
- Thursday 28th September @ 11:00-noon eastern time (right before my live session at INBOUND -- to register for the live session, go to https://inbound2017.smarteventscloud.com/connect/ sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID= 114933)
- Thursday 5th October @ 11:00-noon eastern time
If you're not sure what to ask, here are some ideas:
- How can I avoid coming across as a pushy seller?
- What's the best way to respond when a buyer says they were "only getting educated" by downloading your content?
- If a lead asks about price before we even talk about options, should I quote a price or not?
- Is cold calling really dead?
- How can I get more people to respond to my emails and voice mail messages?
Let's connect here on this AMA! Your questions and input are greatly appreciated!