Ask Me Anything and Panel Discussions

Jeffrey
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi I'm Jeffrey, Product Marketing Manager at HubSpot. Ask Me Anything!

I'm really looking forward to this AMA. Some topics that may be of interest (and that I'm happy to talk about) include:

• Anything related to the new products and features HubSpot launched at INBOUND 2016 - see here
  • Best practices, tips and tricks using the HubSpot Marketing Platform & COS
  • How SEO is changing, and how you can adjust your content strategy using HubSpot
  • HubSpot Marketing Free
  • How to evaluate, and get the most out of your growth stack

Hopefully, I can be helpful!

This AMA will start on Wednesday, November 30th at 9:00 AM EST. I will be answering questions between 9am - 1pm EST, and again in the late afternoon from 3-5:50pm. I'll do my best to get to all the questions I can during those times.

Feel free to start adding questions now, and I will begin answering them on Wednesday.

33 Respuestas 33
justingdw
Miembro

Hi Jeffrey,

I'm having issues connecting my site to hubspot, it registers my account, but the hubspot dashboard does not load. Can you direct me to the appropriate source?

Thanks,

Justin

0 Me gusta
rorrit
Miembro

Hi, I collect registration and login information with wordpress plugin privatecontent (javascript form), and Hubspot marketing free doesn't recognize these forms. Is there any solution? Thank you

0 Me gusta
hdl
Miembro

Jeffrey - I'm trying to create at landing page registration experience whereby the post submission process combines a thank you page with an automatic download of a piece of research content.  I've aske the help desk but they say its not native functionality for the platform.  Is there a work around with a piece of code or some other alternative?  Thanks for your help - Howie

0 Me gusta
Rasheeda
Miembro

Hi

My email subscription is not popping up on my website for my visitors?

0 Me gusta
Jeffrey

Hi @Rasheeda. Can you share a bit more information? Are you using HubSpot Marketing Free? If so, it may be worth checking out this post: Why Aren't my Lead Flows Displaying?

0 Me gusta
Rasheeda
Miembro

Hi well I posted the code in the html box and pressed updated like it said. Not sure if i did it wrong or right? Those directions about the clicking ctrl was a lil confusing for me. Maybe someone can call me?

0 Me gusta
joaogdesigner
Miembro

Hi, I have a good question to you. I'm considering to migrate from ZohoCRM to the Hubspot CRM because it's really free and for me, once I have no budget right now to put on it, "free" is the word of my moment. In ZohoCRM there is an option to generate a web form and use it in a website in order to register as a new lead every form submission (with all fields available in the form), but they missed an important resource: we can't get an email notification when a new form is sent, in other words, when a new lead is created. I already missed a lot of leads and deals because of that, I mean, just because I had no time enough to log into the system and check if there are leads awaiting me. I'm a freelancer and we have to distribute our time at the best possible way, so it's very difficult to handle that.

After browsing on the internet I visited HubSpot CRM and also I got happy to know that there is a free version, so I'm considering to migrate to HubSpot. I've checked the "collected forms" option that captures every form submission and create a new record in the system as a new contact. So, I have a few questions:

1. Does "collected forms" capture all form fields or just an email? In Zoho I have all form data, including first and last name, email, phone (I have a field mask to follow a pattern for phone), skype ID, subject of that contact and the message. Will HubSpot record those data or just some name and email?

2. Will I get notified when a new submission is detected?

3. When HubSpot "captures" a new submission, it will be recorded as a contact or a lead, which would make more sense? I didn't understand that.

Thanks for helping.

0 Me gusta
Jeffrey

Hi @joaogdesigner. Great questions.

Answers to your questions are below:

1. Collected Forms should capture all form data. I don't believe we can capture hidden fields, but any visible fields will be captured.

2. Yes, using Lead Flows you will get a notification when a new submission comes through.

New submissions should be recorded as a lead in the database. That said, if you want to import all your existing contacts from ZohoCRM, you can mark them as "customer" (or whichever the appropriate stage is for the individual). More information about importing contacts into the HubSpot CRM is here.

0 Me gusta
joaogdesigner
Miembro

Great, I didn't start to use HubSpot yet because I'm working on some changes needed on my website, and because of that I have a new question for you. One of changes that I made on the website is submitting a form using ajax (I'm not using form plugins, it's totally custom), in order to avoid a page refresh which would load slower on mobile devices or bad connections.

So, will Hubspot capture all form data even if they are submitted through an ajax request (jQuery and PHP)?

0 Me gusta
celina_CJ
Participante

Hello @Jeffrey, I've been using the CRM for some time and am just starting with HubSpot Marketing and I'm really liking the feel of them so far. One thing that I've noticed myself looking for more and more is advanced reporting - I noticed the new dashboards on both the Sales and Marketing sides, and I love their customizability. When I went to add new dashboard elements, I saw that some were only available with the Reporting Add-On. So my question is: is it worth it to buy the Reporting add-on when you are still using the free Marketing and Sales tools (we don't have enough money in our budget for both)? If so, what are some best practices for using the add-on with these tools, and how have you seen other businesses leverage it to get a better handle on the effectiveness of their sales/marketing efforts? Thanks for your insight.

0 Me gusta
Jeffrey

Hi @celina_CJ. Thanks for the question. Can you share an example of the type of reporting your looking for with the CRM, and HubSpot Marketing?

I think to answer your question though -- it depends on what you're looking to optimize for. Are you trying to better optimize your sales process and marketing? If so, it may be better to subscribe to Sales Pro or HubSpot Marketing Basic. If your sales process is working efficiently but you need more information, then the Reporting Add-on may be a better option. I believe you can begin a trial of the Reporting Add-on for 14-days if you want to see the type of data you can get, and the value you recieve from it.

Best,
Jeffrey

0 Me gusta
Anonymous
No aplicable

Hey @Jeffrey I've heard the concept 'Smarketing' before. I was wondering which HubSpot sales/marketings tools should be shared / used by sales and marketing teams to collobarate. How can two teams using each half of the product work well together on the HubSpot suite?

0 Me gusta
Jeffrey

Great question, @Anonymous. At INBOUND 2016 we introduced the Growth Stack, which is one holistic set of tools that you need to grow sales and marketing. As a result we definitely want sales and marketing to use, and collaborate, using tools within HubSpot. 

For example, within the HubSpot CRM you can "@ mention" any team members that are a part of your HubSpot account and pull them in to the conversation. On the marketing side, as your writing content using Composer, you can also collaborate and review content using the same mention functionality.

As marketers generate new contacts in the database, that information can be used to score leads and then pass the most relevant ones to sales. All of the HubSpot Sales tools utilize the same database and the same information can be used in emails from reps. A great example of marketing and sales using HubSpot's tools is eZcater. Check out their video below for how they use the tools for sales and marketing alignment.

robpyrz
Miembro

Jeffrey, I am an existing Hubspot customer. When we had our new site made 2 years ago we were advised to have the Blog set up for posting in Wordpress and not Hubspot. Should we change this?

Rob

0 Me gusta
RhiannonCleary
Participante

Hey @Jeffrey I've been reading up on the soon-to-come Content Strategy tool. In light of your experience with SEO and industry changes my question is - why thew new focus on this content structure, instead of just keywords? Is one more important then the other?

0 Me gusta
Jeffrey

Hi @RhiannonCleary. Glad you asked, this is one of the INBOUND 2016 announcements I'm really excited about. 

The new Content Strategy tool is evolving based on the changing nature of search engines, and how content needs to adapt. Keywords are still very important, and still matter, but how your content is structured and the engagement of that content has become far more important in the eyes of Google.

There are a few fundamental shifts occuring that are driving this change:

1. As searchers, our queries are changing. Instead of just searching for "sports cars", our queries are more complex now. One example could be, "what are the best sports cars under $50,000?" 

As a result of queries getting more complex, Google introduced RankBrain to help understand the context of your long-tail query and boil it down into a meaningful answer.

2. Because Google, and other search engines, have begun to understand and interpret induvidual terms and the context their used optimizing for just one keyword may mean you miss out on the overall topic. There are a ton of different but related searches going on to your keyword that you don't want to miss by just optimizing content for a single-term.

3. Individual words within your post is now only one of over 200 signals that Google uses to rate results. Some other crucial elements are page architecture, inbound links, social sharing, and more. The new Content Strategy tools helps ensure your content structure is setup for success.

If you have content already created, you're ahead of the game. Content Strategy is simply a shift from the existing way of creating content and shouldn't require replacing existing content, or rewriting content. 

Fundamentally the new Content Strategy structure starts with a topic to focus on. Generally a topic should be a highly searched term that is only a few words long. You may not be ranking for the topic overall right now (which is OK). An example of a topic could be Inbound Marketing. Your core topic should be a page that is the definitive resource on the topic. Surrounding that topic should be sub-topics that are individual blog posts, social messages, videos, etc which answer questions around it and all link back to the core topic page. This structure helps diversify your terms into a broader collection which will help search engines interpret as authority on the given area. 

If you want more information on the topics over keywords framework, check out this blog post by well-known SEO Matthew Barby. Also if you're interested in Content Strategy you can find out more here.

Hope that is helpful!

glarochelle
Miembro

Is there a way to integrate with Wistia in Marketing Free? I dont see the integrations option if the drop down in top right of the Free version.

Thanks,

George

0 Me gusta
Jeffrey

Hi @glarochelle & @Anonymous. Can you tell me a bit more about what you would like to do with a Wistia integration and Marketing Free?

At this time it's not possible to integrate them, however if you are using HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise, you can integrate Wistia and see specific information about contacts watching videos within the timeline, and use it for segmentation.  

Video has an increasingly important role in marketing. According to the State of Inbound 2016 report, 48% of marketers plan to add YouTube videos to their mix, and 39% plan to start using Facebook video. We currently have a great integration with Wistia that many customers are using with the paid Marketing Platform. If there are additional integrations or functionality you would like to see, let me know!

0 Me gusta
glarochelle
Miembro

Thanks @Jeffrey I was hoping to do just that. Pull in the Wistia timelines into the contact information on the FREE version. 

0 Me gusta
Anonymous
No aplicable

In follow up to @glarochelle's query, what are your opinions on the growing role of video in content marketing? Does it have a place in inbound marketing and does HubSpot have any plans to introduce further video technology?

I've heard great things about Wistia - is this possible to integrate with free tools?

0 Me gusta