Ask Me Anything and Panel Discussions

Jeffrey
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi I'm Jeffrey, Product Marketing Manager at HubSpot. Ask Me Anything!

I'm really looking forward to this AMA. Some topics that may be of interest (and that I'm happy to talk about) include:

• Anything related to the new products and features HubSpot launched at INBOUND 2016 - see here
  • Best practices, tips and tricks using the HubSpot Marketing Platform & COS
  • How SEO is changing, and how you can adjust your content strategy using HubSpot
  • HubSpot Marketing Free
  • How to evaluate, and get the most out of your growth stack

Hopefully, I can be helpful!

This AMA will start on Wednesday, November 30th at 9:00 AM EST. I will be answering questions between 9am - 1pm EST, and again in the late afternoon from 3-5:50pm. I'll do my best to get to all the questions I can during those times.

Feel free to start adding questions now, and I will begin answering them on Wednesday.

33 Antworten
JamesOickle
Mitglied

What is the best way to schedule Facebook post shares in Hubspot?

I essentially want to share a post and write commentary as per the norm on Facebook interface, but schedule them to release over time.

Jeffrey
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi @JamesOickle. From within the HubSpot Marketing platform, if you go to the Social menu, and then to Publishing you can create content to share out to Facebook, Twitter, and other channels. If you are sharing a blog post, just copy the link and paste it into the window and HubSpot will automatically attach it and allow you to add commentary. A screenshot example is below, and for more information you can check out the Social Media User Guide here.

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 11.27.48 AM.png

Hope that helps!

0 Upvotes
AHP
Mitglied

Hi Jeffrey! Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. To provide a little background, I am currently using the CRM and the Free Sales Tool and seeing some really valuable insights. I'm pretty confident about retaining my customers, however I'd like to capture more "hot" leads. From either the free tools, or the tools in the $50/month range (we've got a small budget), what would you recommend in terms of strategy for making sure I can identify leads that are likely to become customers as opposed to leads that will cool off? Also, how do you see the new messaging tool coming into play here? 

Jeffrey
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi @AHP. Great question. Are you currently using the Deals built into the HubSpot CRM? If not, the column available for "Qualified to Buy" is a great starting point to determine who your sales team should be reaching out to. As far as identifying who makes it into the "Qualified to Buy" stage, there are a number of considerations:

• Engagement - Individuals, or companies, visiting your website can be a great source of Prospects for sales. Using the Prospects tool within Sales Pro you can see which companies are engaging with your website and then get a daily digest to your sales team to reach out.
  • Live-Chat - Many people today prefer to find an answer, or chat with someone online as opposed to picking up the phone. The upcoming Messages feature will help integrate Live Chat on your website and automatically feed that conversation back into the HubSpot Sales tools so you can use it as context for each deal.
  • Email Notifications: Email notifications are helpful at identifying prospects who are actively engaged, and then you can use Meetings, and Messages along with marketing free to make connections with folks interested in your product or solution.

If you are also using the HubSpot Marketing platform, you can optionally gain access to things like Lead Scoring (or Predictive Lead Scoring) which would help you rank incoming leads that your sales team should reach out to. With the HubSpot CRM and Sales Pro though, I would utilize the deal stages built in and consider what makes a qualified buyer and ensure sales is primarily reaching out to those prospects/leads.

0 Upvotes
FProctor
Mitglied

Hi Jeffrey,

There are times when I feel a bit overwhelmed with the number of tools in the hubspot marketing product.  Blog posts, content, landing pages, emails, SEO, any everything in between.  With only so many hours in a day, I constantly struggle with figuring out what I should actually be working on that will make my hubspot experience as successful as possible.  Do you have any suggestions for things to focus on or think about when trying to make these decisions? 

Thanks

Frank

0 Upvotes
Jeffrey
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi @FProctor. Thanks for the question. I think the first thing to focus on should be aligning the tools you're using daily with your goals. For example, if you're working to create more top of the funnel awareness, then starting with SEO and content creation would be a natural place to start.

A few suggestions that are hopefully helpful:

• Utilize Projects - There are templates in Projects that will guide you through the step-by-step creation of a project that meets your goals, like a top of the funnel awareness campaign, or demand generation campaign. Using Projects will naturally streamline the tools your using into one consistent flow that achieves your goal.
  • There is a great breakdown of steps on HubSpot Marketing here. Starting at the top and developing your goals, then personas will naturally lead into using a number of different tools.

Keep your buyers in mind regardless of the approach you utilize, and start small. Developing blog content should start with the keywords and blog tool, but allows you to foucus on those tools. Good luck!

0 Upvotes
casaatlantica
Mitglied

Hello Jeffrey ,

My name is Ozan , I am an appreciated user of Hubspot tools for ouy little shop . I am still new in this and I have a lot of questions.  We started using collecting lead forms for our website. but when you click on exit on subscription screen it appears again after 2 weeks . Is there any other option or tool that we can provide chance to subscribe for our potential clients anytime ?

With Best Regards,

Ozan Bilen

0 Upvotes
Jeffrey
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi Ozan,

Thanks for using HubSpot Lead Flows, we appreciate it.

Any contact that completes the Lead Flow will not see it again. If a visitor comes to your website though which has a Lead Flow on it but does not complete it, it will display during that initial visit and will then not display for 2-weeks. After 2-weeks it will display again, but if the contact completes the Lead Flow it will go away at that time.

Best,

Jeffrey

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Nicht anwendbar

Hey @Jeffrey thanks for posting!

I had a question about the new Marketing Free / Lead Flows tools - specifically form types.

Out of the Pop-up box, Dropwdown banner and Side-in box form types, which do you think is best for a good user experience? I love what this tool offers but I"m mindful about being disruptive with pop-out forms/content offers.

Any best practice tips on incorporating these forms would be super helpful - thank you!

mktgfreehero.png

0 Upvotes
HubTrog
Academy-Professor/in
Academy-Professor/in

https://academy.hubspot.com/lead-flows-videos-training

Check this out, we just released a full training on the tool yesterday which dives into how to use Lead Flows. 

We address which lead flows for what, and the answer is usually that it depends on the situation. 

In the training, if you have unanswered questions, click the feedback button (orange) in the bottom right hand corner and we'll respond directly. 

Best,

JT

Jeffrey
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi @Anonymous. I'm a huge fan of the new Lead Flows tool, and Marketing Free and there are a lot of compelling use cases and ways to utilize the new forms. User experience is more important than ever, and as Dharmesh said at INBOUND this year, HEO (Human Experience Optimization) is the new SEO. Here are a few ways you can use each Lead Flow type:

• Pop-up: These are great for capturing attention, but should show up at relevant times. Maybe it's when a reader gets to the end of an article, or towards the bottom of a landing page. Pop-ups can also work great on exit intent, that is, when a user starts to scroll towards the back or close button the pop-up displays. 
  • Dropdown banner: If you have a long page where readers consistently scroll, a drop-down banner can "stick" to the top of the browser and be a good option to use. Drop-down banners are also great on mobile so that the pop-up does not take up the entire screen.
  • Slide-in Box: Slide-in boxes are great for providing supplemental resources. If you have a post about the best ways to use Lead Flows (for example), then a supplemental example could be an offer or another blog post on how you used slide-in boxes to increase time on site and conversion rates.

I would recommend reading the post "Should Marketers Use Pop-Up Forms? A Comprehensive Analysis" by my colleague Ben Ratner. It's a great deep-dive into pop-up forms.

senateeskridge
Teilnehmer/-in

I am new to Hubspot free crm What are some best practices regarding Birthdates?  I track clients birthdates and like to send out Birthday cards to all clients.  Is there an easy process to track Birthdates and pull a list of everyone who has a Birthday in a particular month or even week?

Jeffrey
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi @senateeskridge, great question. Within the CRM you can add custom contact properties (more on that here), such as Birthdate. Once you have the contact property for Birthdate you can filter the view based on information you add here, such as date. Here's an example screenshot:

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 9.26.32 AM.png

Hope that helps!