Ask Me Anything and Panel Discussions

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

[Closed] AMA with Karsten Köhler

Hey Community,

@karstenkoehler is a high-valued member and a thought-leader of our DACH and EN Communities. Karsten is currently at the top of our leaderboard in both communities and the quality of content that Karsten has consistently delivered is remarkable. 

Karsten was able to reach 1000 solutions accepted in less than a year and a half.

From the 19th of July until the 23rd of July you will have the opportunity to ask Karsten anything you want about him, his experience, knowledge and HubSpot.

Here are some sample questions could be:
  • What is your favorite HubSpot tool
  • What is the toughest question you've answered on the Community
  • What are your tips for customizing your CRM

Have fun! 🙂

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

51 Replies 51
ConnorSlivensky
Key Advisor | Elite Partner
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

How do respond so fast? I've got the Knowledge Base bookmarked and everything still can't get close. Is it dictation software or what?

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @ConnorSlivensky,

I have a developer portal set up with all kinds of dummy data for easy access, screenshots etc – and typing fast helps. Just did one of these tests for the first time in ages:

karstenkoehler_0-1626718319235.png

Also for 1 out of 20 answers, I'm able to site-search the community for an old answer of mine and re-use it.

Thanks for the question!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Thanks for doing this @karstenkoehler! I'm curious what your Community time looks like. Do you devote specific hours or days to it? You're so active, how do you manage it along with your other work? 

And a follow up... in addition to your obvious penchant for helping, why do you do it? Does it lead to leads/connections for your business? 

Thanks! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
CJones6
Participant

Hi there. Has there been any changes to the chat notification options? I'm hoping an option has been created to change sound to avoiding missing incoming chats.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @CJones6,

In your notification settings you can enable "Play a sound when you receive..." but the sound cannot be changed at this stage:

karstenkoehler_0-1626927564234.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SMcCann25

Hi Dan. 

I am wondering how you can split revenue into shipment months after the deal stage. It is not reocurring as the revenue per month will be different. Is this possible in hubpsot?

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hey @SMcCann25,

As far as I know there aren't any out of the box features for this at the moment. Other users have discussed this before (see here and here) but the only options seem to be splitting one deal in multiple deals. For monthly recurring revenue, there is a specific report (available in Sales and Service Hub Enterprise).

I'd recommend posting this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hey @danmoyle,

One of the reasons I am so active in the community is that it's a great way to sharpen problem solving skills. I've definitely become a better HubSpot consultant during my time in the community, learning about new functionalities and figuring out what the best workarounds for very specific situations are. I can generate more value for my customers that way. I'm faster at figuring out solutions and I can with very high accuracy and confidence say what's possible and how long it's going to take me. There's also almost instant feedback as to whether a solution works.

And yes, my activity in the community has helped me get more exposure especially in the German speaking markets. The leads that I generate from my meeting link in the signature are either people who mistake me for HubSpot support or very highly qualified leads.

As far as my time management goes, that's also a mystery to me. I'll hit 2,000 solutions soon. With 5-10 minutes per solution, that's between 20-40 working days that I've spent on solutions alone. German time management skills and efficiency I guess?

Thanks for asking!

Karsten Köhler

RTapper
Participant

Hi Karsten

Chat pointed me here, I have incorrectly set up a field as a single line text instead of a number field, I have cloned it and changed to number and selected currency but the numbers are not showing in the new field. I need to be able to filter those paying less than £500 for example and those paying more? Very new to Hubspot! 

RTapper_0-1626951713918.png

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @RTapper,

Hahaha, I'll happily help alhtough I have to say that it's funny how an AMA with me is turning into first line of defense support. cc @sharonlicari @jennysowyrda 

When you clone a property, you are simply cloning the container, not the content of the container. That's why your cloned property is empty.

If you want to find all contacts with a value below £500, you would create an active contact list. You'd filter for Contact properties, search and find BID Levy and set the filter to "is less than £500". After saving and a few moments, HubSpot will give you all contacts who match the filters.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler