Ask Me Anything and Panel Discussions

ElenaHekimian
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

[Closed] AMA - New Automation tools for Starter Customers

Marketing Automation AMA - Community Post (1).png

July 11 - July 22

Hi Community,

My name is Elena Hekimian and I'm the Director of Go to Market at HubSpot. We recently launched simple marketing automation in email and forms at our Marketing Hub Starter tier, giving you the tools to give your marketing a personal touch while putting time back in your day by automating routine tasks. 

New tools include

• Up to 10 automated actions within marketing email and forms, triggered by:
    • form submissions
    • when a contact clicks a marketing email 
    • when a contact replies to an email

To set you up for success, we are hosting an AMA from July 11 - July 22. Join myself  (@ElenaHekimian), Sabari Ram (@SabariRam) and Shane Janssens (@Shane_Janssens) in an open conversation about all things related to marketing automation.

Not sure what to ask? Here are a few sample questions:

1. Which triggers and actions are included in marketing automation in Marketing Hub Starter?
  2. How can I take advantage of this new feature to personalize my customer journey?
  3. How can I automate some of my routine tasks like lead nurture, list management, newsletter sends and signups, and event registration with marketing automation in Marketing Hub Starter? 
9 Respuestas 9
thesamuelcheong
Participante | Partner nivel Platinum

Is there a simple way to convert simple automation to regular workflows? 

Primarily this is for HubSpot Marketing Hub Pro. We've got a few simple automation created through forms but might want to move them over to have complex workflow actions.

jtremblay

This is a great question. The best way to convert a simple automation is to go into the Workflows app, find that automation and "clone" it.

antidote71

Curious why the most obvious automation "resend to non openers" wasn't included? That would be the most useful for clients we have on Starter.

0 Me gusta
Shane_Janssens

Hi @antidote71 , great thought! We started with covering the most basic enrollment triggers, but you bring up a great point. We'll look into how we could add these additional trigger options in an upcoming release. 

0 Me gusta
antidote71

Thanks. We have a retail client who is using Starter for sending out marketing emails and the #1 thing he wants to do is resend to non-openers. Right now, we have to create a list of people who didn't open and then attempt to send a new email to that list.

I also know that for a Marketing Pro user, the fact that this wasn't an easy thing to do was frustrating. They were used to Constant Contact or Mailchimp, where it's essentially a button... but having it in the simple workflow on the email would be great.

Shane_Janssens

Thank you for the added context @antidote71! I will bring that back to the team. From the pro user side, there is obviously lots they cannot do with the embedded automation tool, that they can in workflows. We wanted to keep this streamlined for the most important jobs to be done. However I do think this one make sense in the embedded automation flow and we will consider it for future release.

0 Me gusta
Kevlar3D
Participante

How about adding an automation of creating a deal? Hubspot requires starter customers to manually create deals and this prevents my company from being able to consistently use sales hub. As you probably know, anytime something is manual, it doesn't get done. The obvious extension of that is of course that  it doesn't make sense for me to purchase sales hub licenses. I'd love to be able to have deals created when contacts submit a form. 

thesamuelcheong

This is a great use case for automation for deals, as this would allow us to update lifecycle changes whenever deals are created too.

0 Me gusta
ElenaHekimian

"anytime something is manual, it doesn't get done" - so, so true!

Thank you so much for this feedback. In our initial iteration that we've just rolled out, you are correct that the Deal creation action is available in Workflows at the Professional tier and is not in Simple Workflows. We were striving to keep the tool as streamlined as possible for the most critical jobs to be done for starter customers, so it's helpful to hear about your use cases for this as we consider ongoing enhancements for this feature. If you have any other context on your use case for how forms should trigger deal creation that would be really useful for our team to hear.

0 Me gusta