Ask Me Anything and Panel Discussions

JuliaMongeau
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Ask the Docs Team anything about the new KB homepage & topic-based search!

Thank you for your participation! This AMA is now closed. 

Hi HubSpot Community,

We’re the Docs Team here at HubSpot! We create and maintain the help content on knowledge.hubspot.com. During this time, we know part of your new normal includes remote work. Among other things, when you’re new to working remotely, you’re now disconnected from one of your top resources: your team. 

We know how hard it is to be separated from your team and unable to ask for help while working in HubSpot. We want our docs to assist with all of your “gut-check” questions and be your go-to help resource while working in HubSpot over the next few weeks. 

You may have noticed that the Knowledge Base has a new homepage (if not, check it out here), and we launched new topic-based landing pages to help you browse for related content instead of relying solely on the search bar. Whether you’ve been using the Knowledge Base for three years or three days, we want to hear your thoughts about the redesign and answer any questions you might have!  We will be taking feedback and answering questions here through Thursday, April 30th. 

Specifically, we’re curious to hear your responses to the following questions:

• What features of the new KB design are useful?
  • What features of the new KB design could be improved?
  • Is there any other content you’d like to see on the new KB homepage?

You can thread your responses below, or submit your feedback via this survey

In addition, we’d love to answer any questions you might have about the new homepage and landing pages, so don’t hesitate to ask! We’re excited to connect and chat with you. 

We look forward to hearing from you soon! 

The Docs Team 

5 Replies 5
pinnacle1234
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Hi, I usually just use Google to search for the docs I need. I only just noticed the breadcrumb nav, but there were a lot of docs to review on those pages. Are there going to be more filters or categories to narrow the search?

0 Upvotes
kdmeg
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @pinnacle1234 - that's a good question! Within each topic page, there's a search filter to narrow down the articles listed on that page. We also highlight the most-viewed articles in that topic at the top of the page. 

Are there any other ways you'd like to search or browse for articles on those pages? And is there any other information you'd like to see included on those pages that isn't currently there?

pinnacle1234
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Thanks @kdmeg, that search is helpful. In my opinion it would also be helpful to have the articles grouped by goal (i.e. getting started) instead of just a list of links. Just a thought! Thanks for your response. 

jetta
Participant

Hello! Can you tell me more about why you choose to make these changes, specifically adding the breadcrumb nav to articles?

0 Upvotes
kdmeg
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @jetta - thanks for asking! The goal of creating this new topic browsing experience is to make it easier to find the article you're looking for. Clicking the breadcrumb navigation lets you browse KB articles by topic to see all the resources on a specific tool in one place. The breadcrumb navigation also illustrates how different tools and features fit together in a broader category, which is a group of topics. We are continuing to work on our information architecture to make these topic pages are as useful as possible, so please feel free to comment with additional feedback!

0 Upvotes