Aug 31, 2018 5:32 PM - edited Sep 27, 2018 4:43 PM
UPDATE: Thank you for participating in the INBOUND 2018 Sales Hub AMA. This AMA is now closed. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out on the Service Hub Forum.
Next week at INBOUND, HubSpot will launch a number of new products that will help you grow better. A number of these new products and features will be within the Service Hub. To celebrate, experts from HubSpot’s product and marketing teams will be answering your questions next week on how you can start growing better with HubSpot.
This thread is meant for asking questions about product updates within the Service Hub. If you have questions about product updates in the Marketing or Sales Hub, we have separate threads happening for that as well.
This AMA will start on Friday, September 7 at 11:30 AM EST. The team will be answering questions starting then, but feel free to start adding questions now, and the team will begin answering them on Friday.
This thread is to ask questions about HubSpot's new products features. If you have an idea for how we can improve our product going forward, please post those on our Ideas Forum.
Click here to learn what’s new in HubSpot.
Sep 4, 2018 6:22 AM - last edited on Sep 7, 2018 11:02 AM by roisinkirby
Any plans to include project management (similar to Teamwork Projects) Managing projects (small or large) is a key part of service delivery to allocate tasks, update on progress, manage resources. Would be great t be able to do this in the system.
10. Service sompanies often have contracts that have predefinned contract period e.g .support contracts. Any plans to include the facility to record those in HS SH?
Sep 5, 2018 6:02 AM
I have a few questions
Knowledge base - when can we have more than one with different bradning on them etc. When will CMS improve so you can do things like add tables, change oclour of text etc.
Inboxes - We need to abiolity to change the to field in conversations for people who submit their query via a website form. Also the ability to forward ot people outside of hubspot where possible. The ability to do mass actions (eg assign to someone, delete, close etc), the ability to reopen a closed conversation. Also better reporting on conversations to allow us ot see the amount of a period of time (inclusing from email not just within the tool) and to see how long they were taken to close as we only use tickets for those that need further input that our customer service team but want to track our KPI of response time within the customer service team
Feedback - more sophisticaed and customisable surveying as in smart survey or survey monkey to replace our use of that.
Sep 17, 2018 12:16 PM
Thanks for this feedback.
A big part of the current focus on Knowledge Base is adding flexablity and a more customizable experience. Both of which your requests come under. No specific timeline for these but we'll take them into consideration.
As for the Conversations inbox - this is great feedback most of which we have heard and are working on is some compacity. There isn't any specific timing but I will share these with the team.
Feedback - The big requests we hear are around customizablity and are working ot make updates.You can now fully customize the from name, from address, subject line, and greeting across your surveys, for instance. More to come along these lines though, thanks again for the feedback.
Product Marketing HubSpot
Sep 5, 2018 9:51 AM - edited Sep 7, 2018 6:27 AM
Our office has been trialling the Service Hub for the last two months now, with a view to it's potential use as a CRM and possible replacement of Outlook for customer responses. We've identified the following issues in trying to do so, and it would be useful to learn of any suggested recourse or work arounds to assist:
1) The two email addresses we have linked to the conversations inbox regularly receive at least 50% of their traffic from our website contact forms. This means that the emails are received from an internal email address (i.e donotreply@ ) which we do not respond to and instead use an email address supplied by the customer in the form. This is currently difficult to manage using the hubspot interface, as it does not allow you to amend the reply address the message is being sent to. The current work around is to add the response email to the CC field, which is problematic because it requires the customer to be added as a contact for which I understand we are possibly billed for? I'd like to see the ability to amend the response address in a message. Also, the CC field does not allow an email address to be copy and pasted in.
2) When completing a message, in some instances and fairly frequently, the 'Send' button becomes highlighted orange, indicating a response can be completed, however clicking this button then does nothing. We have had this issue with normal email, contact form email and in cases where we have added a new contact and also where we have not. This is a serious impediment to using the hubspot interface as a replacement to outlook. We have logged this with the support team and it is still being investigated, but I would be interested to learn if other users have also experienced this.
3) We regularly make use of outlook's 'quick parts' function, allowing us to insert template responses into messages. Whilst hubspot does have the 'snippets' fucntion, it appears to limit the amount of characers and does not allow for easy categorisation - is there an alternative for the use of template responses?
4) Is it possible to re-open messages that have previously been closed? If a message is responded to and then closed, does the customer response re-open the chain? I believe this is the case but I would like to check.
5) Can email signatures be added automatically? At the moment we do this by using a snippet, but this appears to have less functionality and ability to customise as the exisiting outlook features - can graphics also be added?
6) Is there a way to bulk select emails to be closed? This would be a useful function as our email address is frequently used for mass newsletter mailings, resulting in large numbers of out of office replies which currently need to be closed individual, which is fairly time consuming - I have queried with the support team and they have stated there is no current work around?
7) Whilst you can re-assign messages to single colleagues using hubspot, there does not appear to be a way to forward a message to a group of individuals?
😎 There does not appear to be any 'undo last action' functionality, is this correct? I encountered this issue when making a copy and paste error today.
Sep 17, 2018 12:18 PM
Thanks for this feedback a few ideas below.
1) I'd reach out to your HubSpot CSM and see if there is a way to rework your support/service set up. There are some good insights in here I will share with our product team but you may be able to make some small changes to your process and have more success with the tools.
2) Thanks for logging this with support it's in the right hands and will be addressed.
3) Snippets is the right tool here if you want to use HubSpot for this and the article could help. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/conversations/use-snippets
4) It's not possible to re-open a live chat conversation but you can re-open an email or ticket. You may want to move chat's like that into a ticket.
4-8) All of these are limtations of Conversations today but we have heard many of them before and it's good feedback. I'll share these with the product team and we'll consider them as we make improvements. Thanks for taking the time to share these.
Sep 5, 2018 8:22 AM
I would like to be able to automate ticket creation with rules that are based on the address an email is coming from and the presence of keywords in that email. The ticket should include the contents of the email including the attachments.
We receive reports from email@example.com with the subject line 'Report Complete'. The report is attached to the email. One of our employees monitors these reports and utilizes them to make decisions about deals associated with our contacts.
The ability to add more rules around the tickets created through Conversations - such as routing tickets to specific pipelines based on the From Address and presence of keywords in the subject line - would solve this.
Sep 17, 2018 12:20 PM
This is a great idea and something we will ideally build into the tools although we don't have a current timline. Thanks for the example this is helpful as we work on new features related to this.
Sep 7, 2018 12:37 PM
Hey There - at the moment we do not have plans to add the Tickets function into Gmail. That being said, the best way to address a ticket when it comes into Gmail is to simply reply/cc/forward that email to your support email address. This will create a new conversation in HubSpot, and subsequently a new ticket if you have the email rules set up to auto create tickets.
Sep 17, 2018 1:47 PM
That's good to hear.
We are finding many scenarios where sales personel who live primarly in gmail for email tasks need to:
a. Have visibility into existing tickets
b. Create a new ticket based on an email from a customer
c. Associate an email thread to an existing ticket.
Sep 7, 2018 6:34 AM
Conversations are supposed to be an Inbox replacement.
But.. you can't start a conversation in Conversations. You have to create a Ticket.
Any plans to update Conversations to live up to the promoted benefits? Belwo from the HubSpot website (my emphasis):
Start building better relationships with your prospects and customers through personalized, one-to-one conversations.
HubSpot CRM includes free tools for live chat, team email, and bots, plus a universal inbox that gives sales, marketing, and customer service teams one place to view, manage, and reply to all conversations — regardless of the messaging channel they came from.
Your whole team will find it easy to manage one-to-one communications at scale.
Sep 17, 2018 12:36 PM
Thanks for this feedback Ray. Over time Conversations will evolve into a more robust communication tool, but it's not our intention to totally replace your current email provider. What we promised and will continue to deliver on is a single place, for your whole team to manage and colaborate on communications.
We still see sales and service teams using the communicator inside the HubSpot CRM (Tickets, Deals, etc) as the place to send external emails from. But we will take this feedback into consideration.
Sep 17, 2018 12:44 PM
Hi Vicky - You'll be able to customize the content of the emails soon. We expect it to be something we add this year. The email address is a bit more complicated but it's good feedback and we'll look into it.
Sep 22, 2018 12:41 AM
1 - is it possible to have to chat appearances - one with the knowledge base articles and one without. The use case is to differentiate between paying/non paying customers.
2 - is it possible to have more than 1 knowledge base?
3 - do you have free trials for Customer Hub?
Sep 27, 2018 4:09 PM
Thanks for your response! I'll address each of your questions in the same order you asked them.
Sep 27, 2018 4:38 PM
Hey BWalsh - This is something we're investigating now. We hope to add support for multiple languages or multiple knolwedge bases at some point but this is more likely to come in 2019.
Marcus, Procuct Marketing