Ask Me Anything and Panel Discussions

agirard
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Ask Us Anything About Sales Hub & CRM Updates @ INBOUND 2018

UPDATE: Thank you for participating in the INBOUND 2018 Sales Hub AMA. This AMA is now closed. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out on the Sales & CRM Forum.

Next week at INBOUND, HubSpot will launch a number of new products that will help you grow better. A number of these new products and features will be within the Sales Hub & CRM. To celebrate, experts from HubSpot’s product and marketing teams will be answering your questions next week on how you can start growing better with HubSpot using these products.

This thread is meant for asking questions about product updates within the Sales Hub & CRM. If you have questions about product updates in the Marketing or Service Hub, we have separate threads for that as well.

This AMA will start on Friday, September 7 at 11:30 AM EST. The team will be answering questions starting then, but feel free to start adding questions now, and the team will begin answering them on Friday.

This thread is to ask questions about HubSpot's new products features. If you have an idea for how we can improve our product going forward, please post those on our Ideas Forum.

Click here to learn what’s new in HubSpot.

43 Respostas 43
ChrisWilson
Membro

HubSpot Power User Tech Stack Question:

I run a rental business and we are switching over to HubSpot this month.

Our sales process is built on quoting. We get about 700 quote requests a month and our tech stack is a combination of Active Campaign, Pipefy, Quotient, Google Sheets, and Quickbooks (and zapier of course to hold everything together with duct tape and bubble gum).

After purchasing HubSpot we discovered the quoting tool does not allow a customer to "accept" or "decline" a quote and then pay the associated deposit or full balance to book.

Our goal here was to use HubSpot and Quickbooks only but now I'm thinking we might need to keep using a quoting tool that allows for payment processing.

Does anyone have a recommended setup that they use for a quote focused sales process, with online payment, using HubSpot and Quickbooks?

Bonus points if this setup allows a customer to accept a quote and then purchase in one screen without having to have the sales person send an invoice. 

jkearns
Participante

Hi Chris,

I know that it involves extra cost, but you may want to look into PanadaDoc.  This is a Hubspot integration quote and proposal tool that provides you with esignatute and payment capture capabilities.

We use it here and really love it. 

I would also like to do everything in HubSpot including the quoting process, but at this point, I feel that part of the product is not quite mature enough yet.

0 Avaliação positiva
ebeck

Hi Chris, 

I think the best thing to do would be to leverage HubSpot's integration with Stripe. In Sales Hub Professional and above, there is the option to add a payment link to your quotes via Stripe. You can learn more about how to set that up here. Stripe will then be able to integrate with Quickbooks for you. 

Definitely keep us posted on how this works for you! We launched Quotes this spring and we're very much invested in making this feature even more powerful and valuable to our customers. 

0 Avaliação positiva
ChrisWilson
Membro

Hi Collecting the payment with Stripe will not help us here. 

Like Quotient and other quoting and proposal tools we have to have the user "e-sign the terms, dates, shipping address" and all of the info on the quote prior to purchasing or making a deposit. 

Can you please ask to have this simple functionality added to the quoting tool. It really is important and we can't collect payment prior to acceptance. 

0 Avaliação positiva
raylawrence
Participante

Any plans to add a sales proposal generating option?

Quotes is too basic and not a proposal generator.

The integrations in this area are just too simple to be useful.

ipalma
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

Hi, spot on! We are thinking through a potential solution to allow users to easily generate proposals in collaboration with the current quote feature.

If you have examples or would like to share your use case please feel free to email me directly at ipalma@hubspot.com

Thank you!

ebeck

Hey Ray, 

Interesting idea (and one I can relate to given the amount of time I've spent creating proposals :))

We don't have plans for a proposal generator on the roadmap, but if you have some ideas for what this might look like, we'd love to hear them! Feel free to email me a sample proposal from your company (ebeck@hubspot.com) and I can pass it along to our team. 

0 Avaliação positiva
MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

Awesome-excellent! [my word] haha Curious to know much more about HubSpot Video ...

- How will it fit into the HubSpot ecosystem?

- At what tiers will HubSpot Video be available?

- What intelligence will be available in HubSpot around video views?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva
ebeck

Hey Frank! Great questions... You can learn more about HubSpot Video here.

The TLDR; HubSpot Video is really going to be an integral part of the HubSpot ecosystem with availability and use cases across the Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, and Service Hub. It will be available in the Professional edition and above. 

Here are a few more resources that we've published: 

MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

At Inbound17 Dharmesh announced the introduction of Sales Hub and how Sales Pro users who subscribed before the official launch date (1-Oct?) would not be impacted by price or a different feature set. Last week, at Inbound18, Dharmesh spent his entire keynote around growing better and serving customers in a transparent way. You guys even launched #GrowBetter as corresponding campaign.

How is it now that core video functionality released in Sales Hub Pro is (all of a sudden) NOT part of Sales Pro?
- This question stands on its own and deserves an uncanned answer considering the context outlined above.

Furthermore ...

Does this pricing tactic mean that future Sales Hub Professional feature sets will no longer be included in existing Sales Pro accounts?

Will these differences be made clearer on existing pricing pages which currently make no reference to any limitations on the video offering?
(see image -- notice no underline thingy's to indicate further explanation or limitations)

HubSpot Pricing 11-Sep-2018HubSpot Pricing 11-Sep-2018 

Will these differences be communicated clearly to David Hunt's Frontline Support team so we (HubSpot customers) don't waste days with fruitless HubSpot Support back-n-forth only to learn, " I was originally lead to believe that the grandfathered account will work with this integration but now I am informed otherwise." -- a direct quote from HubSpot Support agent today.

(head shaking with intense disappointment)

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva
ebeck

Hi Frank, 

I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding. All Sales Hub Professional customers (including -- and especially those who've been with us from the start) should have access to HubSpot Video. I'm currently working with our product team to resolve this issue. 

We always strive to have a fair and honest approach to "grandparenting"... which sometimes leaves us with a few extra details to manage when we launch a new feature like HubSpot Video. This was an oversight on our end and I'm sorry for any inconvenience it caused. 

You should be seeing HubSpot Video in your account soon. I will follow up with you here as soon as it's available in your account. 

spacheco
Participante

When will you be able to export product data?  This is super critical to us to know what products, pricing and discounts are associated with which deals.  I created the report fine between deals and products in the new tool, but when i go to export the data it says it's only available for deals, contacts and companies.   

ebeck

This functionality should now be live in your account. You may need to log out and log back in again, but it will be there. 

0 Avaliação positiva
MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

Thanks @ebeck. Appears to be functional now, but all of the 'normal people' have gone home for the day. Only us geeks are still around testing new functionality ...

Will get confirmation from HubSpot Support in the morning on the tests we performed earlier this week.

The Shah will be proud how his words transformed 'the right thing' into reality. A prime example of #GrowBetter in action.

Thank you and the Product Teams for all you do. 

Best,

Frank

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
gil1001
Top colaborador(a)

Will it have all the features that Wistia offer like seeing how much of the video people watched - and other stats, in video CTAs?

0 Avaliação positiva
Marcus_Andrews
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi Gil, 

As of today (9/12/18) HubSpot Video offers marketers, hosting, SEO optimization, analytics, in-video CTAs/Forms and a few other features related to automation and campaigns. 

The analytics we provide can be found on any landing page or blog post performance page that features a video. The analytics inlclude views and watch time rention. 

We do offer in-video CTAs and forms. 

Thanks,

Marcus (Product Marketing) 

0 Avaliação positiva
MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

@Marcus_Andrews, you talk about analytics being "found on any landing page or blog post performance page that features a video", but fail to mention where video play info can be found within HubSpot Sales Hub (and Sales Professional) -- the topic of this particular 'Sales Hub Ask Us Anything...'.

Will you please confirm that the new HubSpot Video native integration with Vinyard offers no information about video plays on the contact timeline when used within the HubSpot Sales Hub (and Sales Professional) tools?

Thanks in advance.

cc: @ebeck@agirard

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva
Marcus_Andrews
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey Frank, 

Right now HubSpot Video analytics are exclusive to the Marketing tools. It's on our roadmap to improve the analytics for Sales and Service users, including adding information to the contact timeline about what videos a prospect has watched. Right now we don't have a timeline for these analytics improvements. We have heard from many users that they still get a tremendous ammount of value out of being able to share and send videos via the CRM but we understand how important analytics are as well. Thanks for your patience as we learn about how folks use the tools and where to invest development efforts moving forward. 

- Marcus, Product Marketing HubSpot 

0 Avaliação positiva
MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

Appreciate the fast response @Marcus_Andrews
Just to be clear here, we're only talking about seeing (in HubSpot) when a Sales Hub Pro email recipient VIEWS / PLAYS a video we send them. This data is readily available within Vidyard on a player-by-player basis if you want to go digging. (not)
And this is a 'native integration'? (rhetorical)

Right now, we have no way of knowing recipients of our SALES email even watched at all. We honestly can't expect buy-in on HubSpot Video from Sales organizations who want to scale video when we throw a half-baked integration at them.
Ask Sales!

Marketing and blog page analytics are great for marketers, but frankly (as video marketers) fairly straight forward workarounds to obtain video level analytics (per page / post) from within our video hosting platforms have existed forever. (years) Yes, they're time-consuming, and yes, they waste storage space (if that's even a thing anymore), but they work. (important)

Nothing new to see here. Looking forward to v3.0. (head shaking)

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
gil1001
Top colaborador(a)

I'm with Frank, today using the Wistia integration our sales people see if videos on the page or in email were played and how long. If I understand your answers correct, this is not supported in the new video integration?

0 Avaliação positiva
Marcus_Andrews
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Correct this is not supported in the product today. Like I mentioned added analytics and reporting is on the roadmap and will be coming of the course of this year. We encourage you to use the solution that works best for you, Wisita is a great prouct. 

0 Avaliação positiva