Ask Me Anything and Panel Discussions

agirard
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Ask Us Anything About Sales Hub & CRM Updates @ INBOUND 2018

UPDATE: Thank you for participating in the INBOUND 2018 Sales Hub AMA. This AMA is now closed. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out on the Sales & CRM Forum.

Next week at INBOUND, HubSpot will launch a number of new products that will help you grow better. A number of these new products and features will be within the Sales Hub & CRM. To celebrate, experts from HubSpot’s product and marketing teams will be answering your questions next week on how you can start growing better with HubSpot using these products.

This thread is meant for asking questions about product updates within the Sales Hub & CRM. If you have questions about product updates in the Marketing or Service Hub, we have separate threads for that as well.

This AMA will start on Friday, September 7 at 11:30 AM EST. The team will be answering questions starting then, but feel free to start adding questions now, and the team will begin answering them on Friday.

This thread is to ask questions about HubSpot's new products features. If you have an idea for how we can improve our product going forward, please post those on our Ideas Forum.

Click here to learn what’s new in HubSpot.

43 Replies 43
stevenecht

For Products, is it possible to include an inventory quantity and track number of units sold against inventory?

0 Upvotes
ebeck
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@stevenecht this is a great idea! I'll be sure to pass it along to our product team. 

0 Upvotes
SeanC

1) With templates, allow including a CC or BCC that we also always email

2) Reporting to include Velocity metrics

Thanks. Keep up all the great work!

Cheers,

Sean

ebeck
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey Sean, 

Adding a CC or BCC via the template is an interesting idea. I can totally see how valuable that would be for crossfunctional collaboration/operations. I'll make sure to share that idea with our product team. 

Would love to learn more about what exactly you mean by "Velocity metrics" to see if that's something we can help with. Feel free to shoot me an email at ebeck@hubspot.com and we can chat more about that. 

-Elise

0 Upvotes
kristibjornaas
Contributor

Love that HS released advanced reporting to Enterprise customers but it has some flaws! I can't add a report created to a custom dashboard. 

From the Reports tool - there is not an option for "Existing Custom Dashboard" and "Existing Dashboard" only allows the default HS dashboards to be selectedFrom the Reports tool - there is not an option for "Existing Custom Dashboard" and "Existing Dashboard" only allows the default HS dashboards to be selected"Existing Dashboard" only allows the default HS dashboards to be selected not the custom dashboards."Existing Dashboard" only allows the default HS dashboards to be selected not the custom dashboards.

0 Upvotes
gil1001
Top Contributor

How different is the new video option from what is supported today through the Wistia integration?

0 Upvotes
Marcus_Andrews
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey Gil - HubSpot Video feauters some Vidyard technology (hosting, playback) but is a native HubSpot integration. This means our product teams built it and is therefore a deeper more built-in integration than what you might expect from a Connect integration. 

Marketers don't need to install, signup, or pay for any outside software for it to work. Also as the product matures you'll see deeper video connections between other tools like workflows, lists, the contact record, and reporting. 

Thanks,

Marcus Andrews (Product Marketing - HubSpot) 

0 Upvotes
ChrisWilson

Can you please add the ability for a customer to accept or decline a quote prior to paying the deposit or full balance via stripe. 

This is super important and would allow our company to only use HubSpot - instead of needing to use another quoting tool. 

0 Upvotes
ipalma
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi Chris, 

We just released the eSign as part of the HubSpot quote feature. It is included in Sales Enterprise. You can test the feature via trial steps that Elise described above. 

And to add to your question above, we are looking into the integration of quotes with Quickbooks, Xero, etc. to allow information to sync between the systems. 

Thank you,

Iuliia

0 Upvotes
ChrisWilson

THIS IS GREAT!!! Thanks 

0 Upvotes
dhspeller

Is there a section on navigating HubSpot and features discription?  If not, I think that would be very useful.  I've seen the excellent  demos and training videos.  But, nothing directly address the program itself like:

1. Why do the contacts show up in the order that they do... and how can you fix it to show up a different way. (I saw the two little arrows which seem to chronolize or alphabetize, but nothing to indicate what it's doing.)

2. Why does it keep going back to the first page after working with a contact or company instead of maybe one-stepping back to the last page you were working on to choose the next contact in line.

I think it's an excellent tool... I just don't know if I glossed over a basic use document somewhere.

Thanks!

Daniel

0 Upvotes
ebeck
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey Daniel! Not sure if you've already stumbled across this (we've got a lot of resources), but this guide to getting started with the CRM might be helpful. You can also search for just about anything from academy.hubspot.com/help. 🙂 

To answer your specific questions, 

1. The contacts by default are ordered by date, but you can use the arrows to filter them a bit. 
  2. In terms of going back to the first page... one thing that you might be interested in is task queues. You can learn more about task queues here, but it's basically an easy way for you to power through your to-do list (without having to go back to the first page). 
0 Upvotes
gil1001
Top Contributor

For existing Sales pro customers - will we get access to see the new enterprise features?

0 Upvotes
ebeck
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Unfortunately, Sales Hub Professional customers will not get access to the new Sales Hub Enterprise features. If you think you might be interested in the Sales Hub Enterprise features, we do offer a free trial which our sales team can set you up with. Once you're in the trial, you'll be able to play around with all of the new Sales Hub Enterprise features and decide if the product is a good fit for you and your team. You can talk to sales and get started with the Sales Hub Enterprise trial by following this link.

0 Upvotes
sd_elm
Participant

We have the paid version of HubSpot CRM/Sales Hub/Service Hub. Currently we can only search for accounts by the account Name. For all of our accounts, we list an eight digit account code ######-##. Our previous legacy CRM allowed us to search by either name or account code. Please add functionality in the search bars throughout HubSpot to allow users to search for accounts by Name OR custom properties (such as Account Code). At times, the only information we have is Account Code when interacting with our clients. 

0 Upvotes
ebeck
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Great news! Custom property search is now included in any Enterprise edition (Marketing Hub Enterprise, Sales Hub Enterprise, and/or Service Hub Enterprise). To make a property searchable, you'll need to configure it under settings. 

Go to Settings > Properties, and search for the property that you'd like to make searchable. If you scroll down, you'll see that there is now an option for "Add to Search", if you check that off, the property will be searchable. Hope that helps! 

0 Upvotes
StacieB
Contributor

I am hoping it can become possible to organize attachments. Our company has several attachments per Contact/Deal that we need access to, but only two we would need quick access to. . . You can only pin one and when you get 10-20 attachments, it makes it difficult to find the one you are looking for. 

0 Upvotes
ebeck
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Stacie, 

We don't have a solution for this just yet, but I'm going to share this feedback with the team. 

0 Upvotes
JackTaylor
Participant

Hello,

When sending out sequences I would like to be able to attach custom proposal on the first email.  This would be an amazing feature so when I send out estimates/proposals, it can keep the lead hot and continue to send them follow-ups.  To clarify, this would not be a default document, this would be different at the beginning of each sequence.

Is this something that will implemented in the future?  If so, any projected timeframe?

Thank You in advance!

ebeck
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Loving this idea! Will pass it along to the team. 

In the meantime, a workaround might be to create a Sequence where the first step is a Task reminder to send the quote. You can then set a 1 or 2 day delay between your follow up email or tasks. 

0 Upvotes