Ask Me Anything: Professional Proposals AMA - 11 to 18 June 2021 - live each day.
Thursday - last edited Friday
Hi, my name is Pete Nicholls CF APMP, HubSpot Certified Trainer, member of the Professional Pricing Society (PPC) and Proposal Certified by the APMP and host of The Proposal.Works™ Podcast where proposal experts share real stories of how they win.
To my knowledge, I am still the only certified business proposal specialist in the HubSpot Partner Community.
My company HubDo is a HubSpot Partner since 2015 (Reviews are here)
Please also connect with me on LinkedIn
With 23 years in Sales and Business Development, my focus on business proposals stems from “really disliking” doing proposals 🙂 until I learned how professionals write proposals. Now I quite enjoy them. I created the Proposal.Works™ Grid which is a proposal platform powered by PandaDoc, supporting hundreds of companies to create proposals integrated with HubSpot.
Our Proposal.Works™ Grid generates thousands of agreement per month, so I get to see and help with hundreds of proposals across many industries and sales scenarios. Unfortunately, most proposals that I see are fundamentally not very good. They are written by talented, passionate people, who simply never learned how professionals write businesses proposals. This means that you do not have to be remarkably better to stand out with a great proposal, you only need to 5% better, to be the 100% best proposal that the customer sees.
Welcome to "ask me anything" about how professionals write proposals and the overall sales process, especially those proposals integrated and automated with HubSpot CRM.
This “Professional Proposals AMA” runs from Friday 11 June to Friday 18 June 2021.
I’ll be monitoring regularly for questions and will be online each day for 30 minutes at 8 am, Pacific, 10 am Central, 11 am Eastern, 4 pm UK and 5 pm Europe
If you are not sure what to ask, here are some ideas:
- What do professional proposal writers do, that others don’t?
- How do most people do proposals well, in HubSpot?
- How and what can I automate in HubSpot to handle proposals?
- When should I use HubSpot Quotes versus 3rd party proposal tools?
- When should proposals have an executive summary?
- Why do professionals focus on discriminators more than differentiators?
- How do you write a proposal for both the economic buyer and line manager?
- How do you write an executive summary?
- Can proposal software really save time? How much is typical?
- Why do professionals use a content library? What should it contain?
- When is the right time to submit a proactive proposal?
- How can I sell value in a proposal?
- What is Value-based Pricing?
- And anything else that comes to mind about how to write proposals that win.