Ask Me Anything and Panel Discussions

juli
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Ask Me Anything: Growing Better In 2019 Using HubSpot Free and Starter

As we all know, January can be a time for resolutions, new starts, and exciting changes. So, let’s start this year off on the right foot, together! My name is Juli G, I’m an expert in the HubSpot Free and Starter tools and I want to help you make 2019 the best year ever for your business!

Over the next two weeks, I’ll be answering all of your technical and strategic questions on how you can grow better with HubSpot Free and Starter products!

Some great examples of questions are:

• “How can I use HubSpot to report on the productivity of my team?”
  • “I would really love to make a deeper connection with my website visitors, how can I do that using HubSpot’s tools?”
  • “What are some tips and tricks to make sure none of my leads fall through the cracks?”

This thread is meant to be helpful to everyone. So, if you have a question about any technical issues that are unique to your portal, Starter customers can file a Technical Support Ticket through their portal and Free users can create a new thread here in the community.

This AMA will start on Monday, January 14th at 9:00 AM EST and I will be accepting new questions until 5:00 PM EST on Monday, January 28th. 

holidayheadshot1 copy.png

Juli Gaudette
Inbound Success Coach

32 Replies 32
fergbreath

It's useful to be able to create a task for my co-worker and have an email reminder sent to him day-of, but he's also receiving an email just to say the task was created for him by me, which is a lot of extra email he doesn't need.  Is there a way to change this?

juli
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @fergbreath

Great question! We can absolutely turn the emails off for when you assign a task to your team. 

The key to notifications in HubSpot is that everyone can control their own preferences. So, everyone can customize it to their own own personal preference. 

In order to turn off the email notifications off when he is assigned a task, he can follow these stps:

1. In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications HubSpot.
3. The specific notification we are looking to turn off is called "CRM task assign,"which can be found in the "Crm" section of the list. 
4. Turn off the check box in the Email column! 

If you want to learn more about user preferences, you can read more here

fergbreath

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
LoLombardi
Participant

Hello,

Is there a clear way to track sales compensation based on closed deals within Hubspot? In a related matter, the Contract Management still needs to occur through third parties (like Pandadoc) or does Hubspot offer already an internal solution for this?

Thank you for feedback

Loraine

juli
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @LoLombardi!

Though we do not have a built in compensation calculator, many of our users will utilize the Deal Leaderboard report on their Sales Dashboard ignorer to calculate compensation. This report will show you all of your sales reps listed and their closed revenue for a given timeframe. You can filter the report for any timeframe you please and then calculate the commissions from there.

Additionally, I’m not clear on what you mean by ‘contract management.’ If you could explain a bit further what you are trying to do with these documents, I would be happy to revisit the question!

0 Upvotes
PippaP

Hi everyone.  I'm pretty new to Hubspot and have discovered that a ton of contacts are being sync'd back to the system as I use one email address for all my life (and business).

Is there a way that just once I can tell the system not to sync XYZ contact (so like gas bills, friends etc), rather than delete them after they do sync?

Thanks for your help 🙂

Pippa

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@PippaP I know this was set up for @juli to respond but thought I would throw this out there.

Go to the cog gear and select filtering. Scroll down till you get to black list.  I believe this should work.  @juli please confirm.

Good luck.

blacklist.png

0 Upvotes
juli
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @PippaP and @gelflex-cc

Love to see you guys helping each other out here! 

@PippaP@gelflex-cc definitley covered a part of this. If you follow his instructions, you will be able to prevent these friends and family members from coming into your HubSpot Conversations shared inbox.  

However, if you are using one of our email extensions (Google, Outlook or Office365), it will not prevent the contacts from being created over and over again in the CRM. For this part, you are going to want to use your Never Log settings.  You can get there following these steps:

1. In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
  2. In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Sales > Log emails in CRM
  3. In the Never Log section, click Add contact.

This will allow you tell the system, just once, not to sync emails with these specific contacts. You can also set up this feature directly in your inbox in Gmail or Outlook

Read more about it here

0 Upvotes
PippaP

Thanks @juli, that's just the ticket and all sorted.  And thanks @gelflex-cc for your suggestion too 😊

Pippa

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@juli Did not know about never log. Thanks for sharing and applauding my jumping in. 

0 Upvotes
Hengwho
Participant

Hi community,

We are now shifting all data from salesforce to hubspot. Currently I am not sure how to manage bringing all our renewals and expires data to hubspot. 

I have read quite a few posts in the community, what I have learnt is that i will need to create a new Renewal Pipeline in Deals, with different stages such as Renewal Anticipated, Quote confirmation (with winning percentages). However, a few questions came up:

- We have some deals, which is client subcription/ domain renewals, in our Sales pipeline already, does it mean they (renewal businesses) will appear both in sales pipeline and the renewal pipeline?

- how would I transfer all renewals from salesforce to Hubspot? is there a CVS file to upload and bam - all the work are done?

- Can I set up the timeline in the deal property for all renewals, such as Renewal A, for 1 year, then write workflow to send ourselves email reminders 30 days before the current license expires?

I am learning Hubspot only for two month, apologies if some of the questions are basic and simple 🙂

Thank you 

0 Upvotes
juli
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hey there @Hengwho!

First off, I would like to thank you for all of the hard work you have put into finding this answer. It sounds like you’ve done a lot of research on this topic and moving data can take a lot of time and effort. So, keep up the good work!

I do love the idea of creating a deal pipeline for the purpose of renewals, that is how I would approach this solution as well.

To answer your first question, just because a Company record exists in one pipeline, does not mean that it can not exist in another. The beauty of the HubSpot deals tool is that any company, for the sake of this explanation let’s call it Acme Corp, can have multiple deals open at the same time. So, you could create two completely separate deals associated with Acme Corp, one for the sales pipeline and one for the renewal pipeline.

As for your second question, if you can export all of your current renewals from Salesforce to a CSV file, then you should definitely make this your top priority. From there, you could add a column to the file with a header of “Deal Stage” and assign a stage you want each of the renewals to be placed in upon import into HubSpot. Then, you could import the file as a Deal import and, as you put it, BAM all of the information is there. Please keep in mind, deals will still need to be associated with companies after the fact. So, you will have a little bit more footwork before the task is complete.

For your final question, you would indeed need to use our workflows tool. You wouldn’t be able to use a property that says  expiration is “one year from today.” However, you could create and use a date picker property to set the exact date of expiration and then use a date based workflow to send notifications while counting down to the specified date.

If you have any questions at all about the implementation of this, please feel free to reach out to our HubSpot Technical Support team. They would be more than happy to walk you through this solution step by step! You can find their contact information here: https://help.hubspot.com/